• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Lore Discussion channel on Discord

Would you like to have a Lore Discussion channel on Discord?

• Yes, that would be great.

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • Meh, I don't really care much for discussing the lore.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I think that would just lead to salty bickering.

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • I like the idea but... (comment)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ryttyr

One Of Us, One of Us
Supporter
Credits
XP
Would you be interested in having a chat channel on our Discord dedicated to discussing the lore of Tolkien's legendarium? This would reduce the number of lore related discussions that blooms in the various project channels which, whilst very interesting seldom are that gainful to the project itself in the end and if they are gainful to the project a conclusion reached via discussions in a Lore channel could easily be shared in a much more concise form in the related project channel instead of holding the discussion there.

I would love it, but I hope we can keep it all nice and stuff cuz -as said in discord- lore discussions often turn out salty. Also maybe remove/merge some other channels like #project-andrast with #project-gondor, maybe even collab #project-dol_amroth-belfalas with Gondor.

Also maybe remove/merge some other channels like #project-andrast with #project-gondor, maybe even collab #project-dol_amroth-belfalas with Gondor.
All of the above will soon be obsolete as we are close to finishing those projects at which point I assume they will be deleted (or wiped and repurposed into mordor and badlamds related channels if that's possible).

By the way, I am in no position to implement this. I merely thought it was a good idea to share and see how meny people would be interested in it as well as make the devs aware of this potential interest.

I like talking about lore very much, but not on Discord. It's almost impossible to find older posts there. A Forum thread would be much more suited.

I like talking about lore very much, but not on Discord. It's almost impossible to find older posts there. A Forum thread would be much more suited.
I think that would be the main purpose of the thread tho; quick questions and just ppl shouting their thoughts. Not really for important stuff, you could just make a forums thread for that I guess.

What @RubenPieterMark said ^.
Why would you even need to find older posts? It would be for discussions not archiving information. Plus that Discord is a much more chat friendly forum than our forums here.

Last edited:
I added a fourth option of "I like the idea but..." which are for those people who like the idea of a dedicated lore discussion forum but have comments about how or where it should be implemented.