• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

LOTR Reenactment

If you're implying re-creating the movie with having all players in the appropriate skins of the Fellowship... The topic has come up many times before. If it's simply done on the server with no "youtube" video accompanying it there should be no issues; however, we believe if someone videos the "re-enactment" we could face copyright infringement from either Tolkien Estate or more likely Warner Bros studios. The last thing we want is for the studio to shut us down like the did for the MERP project.

If you're implying re-creating the movie with having all players in the appropriate skins of the Fellowship... The topic has come up many times before. If it's simply done on the server with no "youtube" video accompanying it there should be no issues; however, we believe if someone videos the "re-enactment" we could face copyright infringement from either Tolkien Estate or more likely Warner Bros studios. The last thing we want is for the studio to shut us down like the did for the MERP project.
is there a way to make a video but the video can only be seen on this website?

Well, in my opinion you have to expect that everything you upload to the internet will probably get out of your control sooner or later.

How much could we do though, like for example if we would just use the names (Frodo, Bilbo, Saruman...) but change the story completely, would they see that as a copyright infringement?

Either way, I'd say don't try them and play it safe... Don't mess with the big guys.

But videos are always welcome, you could do small roleplaying Tours with completely new characters and a unique story to showcase some cool places, there are a lot of possibilities :)

Honestly you will only really run into copyright trouble by playing the LotR soundtrack, the system is quite good at catching them however if you remix the songs 80% of the time it wont spot it.

There are entire segments of the film on YouTube already so I dont see how making scenes of the movie in our server would be any different. I would just suggest making it scenes of the movie and not the entire thing. Could also voice over the characters would limit any chances of you running into trouble. Doesn't even have to be 1:1 representation but your own version maybe redo the scenes in your own image.

Also what I have found is that as long as the video is not monetised they wont care, they only get angry if your making money and they see a chance to make some for themselves. So as long as your happy doing it for free you probably wont run into any issues.

sorry if this is a late reply but we can use the names just change the script a bit. as usually all movies go under a 4.0 copyright agreement if its been over 12 years. now not too sure when the last official lotr movie has been done but you can do a movie under fanmade. as people of max payne has. you just have to edit the music a bit and keep things under 15 seconds with copyright music from the owners