• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

MCME Audiobook night

Credoo

Community Management
Staff member
Vala
Supporter
Credits
XP
The What:
We listen weekly to an audio-book of the Lord of the rings by the Youtuber PhilsStuffofDoom. Each session we listen for about 2 hours to his audio-book. We use teamspeak to listen to this. As soon as the audio-book starts everyone but the person streaming has to have his mic muted, and all communication in the audio-book channel will stop. Communication from that moment will have to go trough Minecraft in game chat. Also when the session is in progress I personally will lock the channel and you can find the password here in this post. I do this to avoid people getting in who have no clue what is going on. You can leave and join at any time but please try not to disturb the session to much with joining and leaving. The audiobook is usually held on either a Friday or a Saturday. I will give prior notice keep an eye on this thread if you don't want to miss it!

When: Saturday 4/04/15 21:00 (9:00pm) BST
Next Chapter: Mystery chapter
Streamer: TBD
Pass: Baggins

PS:Lots of credits to Phil!!!

Last edited:
Next week there will be a special audiobook session. Friday we will be listening to chapter 15. But Saturday we will venture into the depths of Moria while listening to chapter 16 and 17. If you get all warm and fuzzy inside when Moria gets mentioned then make sure you don't miss the next audiobook!!

@Credoo

I have a small plea.
Would it be possible to start the session on friday a little later? 30-60 min perhaps? Since it's only one chapter, it wouldn't cause anyone to have to stay up later than we have so far :)

So 5:00 PM EDT? Please include the EST/EDT conversions in these posts as to avoid confusion or frantically searching for a converter due to slight mathematical laziness. :) I hope to tune in!

So 5:00 PM EDT? Please include the EST/EDT conversions in these posts as to avoid confusion or frantically searching for a converter due to slight mathematical laziness. :) I hope to tune in!
I believe it would be 4:00 pm EST.

Daylight savings time makes it 5 I think. I could be very very wrong here. If Benjamin Franklin wasn't already dead, I would kill him for coming up with daylight savings time. *collapses into a fatigued stupor*

@Credoo

I have a small plea.
Would it be possible to start the session on friday a little later? 30-60 min perhaps? Since it's only one chapter, it wouldn't cause anyone to have to stay up later than we have so far :)
Sure we can push the one on Friday back to 22:00 since it just one chapter.

We had some technical difficulty's with the last audiobook sessions. Luckily @pheonixsang was able to help out and stream chapter 15 on Saturday. I hope that everything will be back to normal next week. As you might already know Moria is moved to this next week Saturday. So don't be afraid you didn't miss it.

Hey, sorry for my absence from the audiobook, I've been wrapped up in planning my trip to Murica'

Sadly, this means I'll also miss the next few since I won't have access to MC/Teamspeak :(

Is this still going on? The channel is called something like "Audiobook night: Finished" and the thread hasn't been updated for what would be next session.

This saturday there will be another Audibook night. We will listen to the last chapters of book 1.

With the summer event coming up the audiobook is making its comeback! It has been a long while since we finished the last chapters of “The Fellowship of the Ring”. We will start fresh with the second book and proceed from there on out. The first chapters will be aired on Friday the 8th of August at 21:00 GMT+2. Don't miss out on this wonderful adventure!