• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

MCME PVP Rebirth

Game type preferences (read post to know how to vote)

• Free for all - YES

Votes: 37 63.8%
  • Free for all - NO

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • Team Conquest - YES

Votes: 49 84.5%
  • Team Conquest - NO

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Infected - YES

Votes: 38 65.5%
  • Infected - NO

Votes: 10 17.2%
  • Ringbearer - YES

Votes: 42 72.4%
  • Ringbearer - NO

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • Team Deathmatch - YES

Votes: 42 72.4%
  • Team Deathmatch - NO

Votes: 5 8.6%

• Total voters

Finrod_Amandil

Former Head Designer
Supporter
Commoner
Credits
XP
Alla meldonyar! - Welcome my friends!

Many days have passed without our once beloved and community-binding PVP games. We staff members fully agree that this has to come back asap, however our old plugin cant be used any longer and setting up a new needs much time and our great developers already have enough projects to work on. Thus I want to try to put together something commandblock-controlled; even more with new 1.8. commands incredibly many things are possible.

For now I need to know which games types were popular and which were not, I want to collect some new ideas and also want to hear what your favorite Middle-Earth location for a PVP map would be.

For the first one you find a poll which is a bit more complicated than usually. Here's how you vote: For every game type you ask yourself: Did I like that? If clearly yes, vote for <game type> YES, if you didnt enjoy playing it vote <game type> NO, if its kinda neutral to you, just do not vote for that game type. Of course you can vote too if you have never played PVP before. (If something is missing in the poll: Unfortunately i can't make more answers)

Short explanations of the game types in the poll:
  • Free for all: Everyone against everyone, the player with most kills wins. With respawn in random spawn points
  • Team Conquest: Two teams. Across the map several beacons are dispersed. Goal is to reach those and claim them by clicking on it. The team with most claimed beacons after a certain time wins. If that number is equal, kills decide.
  • Infected: On game start most players are "survivors" and one, or more when there are more players, is "infected". When a Infected kills a Survivor the Survivor turns into a Infected. If after a certain time still survivors exist, survivors win. If at some point everyone is infected, Infected win.
  • Ringbearer. Two Teams. In every team one player gets randomly chosen to be "Ringbearer". Only the own team knows who it is in their team; the Ringbearer for them can be distinguished by a Glowstone block on his head (enemy team cant see that). As long as one teams Ringbearer is alive, players do respawn. As soon as he dies, this team does not respawn any longer. Goal is to obsolete the enemy team. The Ringbearer also has a ring with which he can temporarily get invisible.
  • Team Deathmatch: Two Teams, No Respawn. Kill enemy team.
New game type suggestions:
If you want to suggest a new game type, use this format:

Name: <Name of the game type>
Game end: <Event that does end the game, e.g. "enemy team dead", "all other players dead", "time"...)>
Game mechanics: <In-Detail game description>
Arena requirements: <Does the arena need something special so that the game type works out?>

Arena suggestions:
Simply comment what your favorite arena would be (taken from the new map of our server)

- Finrod

PS: I will develop that on Singleplayer and I will post progress in image and video form here. (However actual testing will then have to be made on a server as I can't really play PVP against myself) Progress highly depends on IRL things, so don't expect PVP to come back tomorrow ;)

Last edited:
I'd like to see pvp in:
Rivendell
Parts of the Shire (Hobbiton-Bywater for example)
Ost-In-Edhil
Tharbad
Redhorn Pass
Osgiliath

I agree, although we would have to wall of a certain section of Moria to do PVP, it is simply too big to use the whole thing.
In the old pvp, there were like 3 pvp maps for different sections of moria.
Arena Suggestions:

Breredon (always a fun one)
That one Westfold village on the side of a mountain
Fornost (1&2)
Emyn Muil
Pelargir (once it's done)
Dunharrow
Minas Tirith Basements ( :D )
North Ithilien

And a game type suggestion, since it's so popular on build:
Name: Hide-and-Seek
Game End: Either the seeker kills all the hiders, or the allotted time runs out
Game Mechanics: There is one seeker, who gets infinite respawns. Everyone else must hide from the seeker. Of course, the hiders couldn't move after a certain time. Maybe you could give like 30 seconds for them to find a hiding spot, and then tp them back to those coordinates if they move more than 5 or so blocks in any direction. They could only run away if the seeker comes into view (i.e. 15 or 20 blocks away). Anyway, if the seeker finds anyone, they have to kill the person hiding, or the person hiding kills them. If the hider is killed, no respawns are given. If the seeker does not kill everyone within the allotted time, then the seeker wins. If some hiders remain hidden, then these remaining participants are the winners.
Arena Requirements: The arena just needs to have enough hiding spots.

Also, did q say he would pay for another server for pvp?

Last edited:
Obviously only certain areas would be appropriate for the number of people playing.
Dome of the stars (Small)
S. Marshes Section (Large)
Andrath (Small)
Cair Andros (Massive)

*a rare post from Georget1011*

I loved ye olde PvP so cant wait for its rebirth sinse i was but a noob back then-
Map suggestions:
Glittering Caves
Osti-in edhil
Caras Galadhon
Osgobridge (boredered off at each end - capture the flag?)
Agar and Udul (when built- possibly a cool 'VS' game with each team holding a city and going to war with large team sizes?)

The Helms Deep map could be improved, because the team that started inside always had an advantage. Maybe give them slightly smaller numbers?
Anyway, when @Jetfire301 say "King of the Hill," it got me thinking. I'm not sure, but an idea like that could be something new. Like, not so much PvP as watching and sneaking around. You could make shifting initiate a "sneak" mode, where you're hard to see, and you have to do sneak raids on the top of the hill, before escaping. Maybe you could put a flag at the top of the hill. You could encase it in iron bars, but turn down the resistance on them, and make them quiet (not too quiet) to break. Then if someone got through the guards, and managed to destroy the bars without being noticed, then get back out, the team with the flag would win. You could have them switch places afterward.

If there was a spectator option on the old server I would like that to come back; if there wasn't one then I'd like it to be added in.

GAME SUGGESTION
Name:
One in the Quiver (OITQ)
Game end: Player gets 21 kills
Game mechanics: The game is every man or Lady for them self. You have an infinite amount of respawns. Everyone has no armor, a iron ax, a bow and ONE arrow. Your arrow is a one hit kill and if you miss you don't get your arrow back. If you hit someone with your arrow you get your arrow back and if you kill some one with your ax you get an arrow. You may have a maximum of 5 arrows.
Arena requirements: NONE

Arena suggestions:
Longcleeve
Rivendell
Fornost (When Finished)
Goblin Town (When built, it is my favorite place in Middle-Earth)

GAME SUGGESTION
Name:
One in the Quiver (OITQ)
Game end: Player gets 21 kills
Game mechanics: The game is every man or Lady for them self. You have an infinite amount of respawns. Everyone has no armor, a iron ax, a bow and ONE arrow. Your arrow is a one hit kill and if you miss you don't get your arrow back. If you hit someone with your arrow you get your arrow back and if you kill some one with your ax you get an arrow. You may have a maximum of 5 arrows.
Arena requirements: NONE

Arena suggestions:
Longcleeve
Rivendell
Fornost (When Finished)
Goblin Town (When built, it is my favorite place in Middle-Earth)
Cough cough hypixel rip!

Name: Capture the flag

Game end: One team has their flag and the other teams at home base

Game mechanics:
Two teams each with a home base have a banner to protect from the other team. Also, you're trying to capture the other teams banner and place it next to yours.

Arena requirements: Two team home bases. Not much else

Name: Capture the flag

Game end: One team has their flag and the other teams at home base

Game mechanics:
Two teams each with a home base have a banner to protect from the other team. Also, you're trying to capture the other teams banner and place it next to yours.

Arena requirements: Two team home bases. Not much else
You know what would be cool for this game? A map with a VERY scaled down Minas Tirith and Minas Morgul. (Of course, only a few hundred blocks at most could be between them)

Gamemode: Bagend's Games
Every year in Bagend tributes are sent for partecipate in the Bagend's Games, that consists in fight each other 'till death. The Major Snow (who knows nothing -cit.) will reward the winners with life.
Plugins used: (hunger games)

Last edited: