• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

MCME PVP Rebirth

Game type preferences (read post to know how to vote)

• Free for all - YES

Votes: 37 63.8%
  • Free for all - NO

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • Team Conquest - YES

Votes: 49 84.5%
  • Team Conquest - NO

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Infected - YES

Votes: 38 65.5%
  • Infected - NO

Votes: 10 17.2%
  • Ringbearer - YES

Votes: 42 72.4%
  • Ringbearer - NO

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • Team Deathmatch - YES

Votes: 42 72.4%
  • Team Deathmatch - NO

Votes: 5 8.6%

• Total voters
What do you think of a siege game mode? There would be two teams, one attacking and one defending. It would also have some trigger able events for like the helms deep wall blowing up or the gates opening

What do you think of a siege game mode? There would be two teams, one attacking and one defending. It would also have some trigger able events for like the helms deep wall blowing up or the gates opening
Since there's no poll or anything,
I dislike this game mode idea.

Edit: ugh, you're making me qualify my opinion. In my not-very-recent experience on another server which was siege-format pvp, I found that it could be more limiting in what you could do. On that server there were different classes, which led to more angry yelling at people to switch class to this type that our team needs, or go play a different class already i want to be this one and there's too many, and other similar scenarios. I'm not sure if we would have classes. I found that the maps on that server got boring after i placed them twice (once on each side), because the goals were exactly the same and were specific to the map. Other game modes can be put easily on any map. With a less structured game mode you have room to do things differently (maybe this time i should camp here, next time i will do some sort of charge) but with a siege mode you don't because you have to get this checkpoint before you get the next and theres no point trying to do anything different.

PS there is a possibility i'm basing my comments too much on this other server's game mode and misconstruing your idea

Last edited:

Edit: ugh, you're making me qualify my opinion. In my not-very-recent experience on another server which was siege-format pvp, I found that it could be more limiting in what you could do. On that server there were different classes, which led to more angry yelling at people to switch class to this type that our team needs, or go play a different class already i want to be this one and there's too many, and other similar scenarios. I'm not sure if we would have classes. I found that the maps on that server got boring after i placed them twice (once on each side), because the goals were exactly the same and were specific to the map. Other game modes can be put easily on any map. With a less structured game mode you have room to do things differently (maybe this time i should camp here, next time i will do some sort of charge) but with a siege mode you don't because you have to get this checkpoint before you get the next and theres no point trying to do anything different.

PS there is a possibility i'm basing my comments too much on this other server's game mode and misconstruing your idea
I think that after all the things our designers/builders have accomplished, making a great siege mode is in no way an impossibility at all.

If you remember the old pvp server, this one will be very similar to that. The siege gamemode will be the only one with specific events. If that is still not what you're wanting, could you supply an example of a "less structured game mode?"

If you remember the old pvp server, this one will be very similar to that. The siege gamemode will be the only one with specific events. If that is still not what you're wanting, could you supply an example of a "less structured game mode?"
I am aware that the siege mode will only be one option among many. By less structured game modes i mean pretty much all the other suggestions.

Cough Cough actually Halo or Call of Duty (forget which one) rip with a Minecraft Name Cough
Ya one in the chamber is a cod black ops game mode. It's a good one, I have fond memories of playing it with my friends on nuke town.

./warp Greytower :p, It's a little castle in Andrast, build by @_Luk
Even if you were kidding, it's a good suggestion - Greytower looks like it could be an awesome map:D Maybe put a few fortifications in the village and give it to one team, give the other team the castle, and they can fight it out. All the height differences should make for some really nice sniping spots, and therefore interesting pvp;)

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll add it!

Even if you were kidding, it's a good suggestion - Greytower looks like it could be an awesome map:D Maybe put a few fortifications in the village and give it to one team, give the other team the castle, and they can fight it out. All the height differences should make for some really nice sniping spots, and therefore interesting pvp;)

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll add it!
It's almost too perfect, as though.......as though this was their plan all along.....:eek: