• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

MCME Summer PVP Games Tournaments

JordD04

One Of Us, One of Us
Credits
XP
Greetings peoples of MCME!
I will be running the PVP Games for the Summer Event and I need your help with the tournaments, I would like a rough idea of how many people are interested in what event so we can start planning times.
It would be unfair to ask you to make a judgement without some information, so here's the basics.

Team Games

The Walls - Siege
NR2zpwM.png

The Walls - siege works similar to the standard Walls Formula. However the objective is not simply to destroy the enemy but to destroy the enemies banner, players can respawn so long as their beds are intact. This is a 2 team game.​

The Walls - Sky Island Edition
qGYqHBu.png

This is simply an edited version of Sethbling's "The Walls 2". However, we've scooped out the inside and added floating islands, each with their own special resource. This is a 4 team game.​

Planetoid Survival
He8QNJQ.png

I'm sure you're all familiar with planetoids, you spawn on the dirt one with a little dirt and a little grass and you have to bridge across to other planetoids with their own special resources. The added challenge is that the map is 1 life only and you're competing with another team mirroring you're planetoids, kill them before they kill you. This is a 2 team game.​

Solo Games

Spleef
sLEhdhi.png

SPLEEF! Everyone loves Spleef. For those of you who are unfamiliar, the objective is to break the ground below the other players to make them fall, this particular version has several layers to travel through. Only one Man (or Woman) can win this game.​

Connect 4
LNPxeEC.png

It's Connect 4, you guys now what Connect 4 is. But this one is all powered by commandblocks. Just press the buttons to make the place your tokens (?). Once again, only one person can win. The Tokens are just blocks of gravel and sand, if anyone wants to give them pretty colours in an edited Eriador RP, go for it.

Bow Arena
385_Burm_archer1.jpg

Unfortunately the Archer Arena is undergoing it's competition here right now. So I can't show you a picture of the arena, instead... a cat with a bow. In the Archer Arena you have a bow and 1 life. Be the last Player standing. Simple as that.​

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

If you're interested in any of these tournaments, just post which below, just to clarify, you're not signing up for them, you're just showing an interest. More information about these games will be coming soon.

There will be an opportunity to try all of the games before the tournaments start.

Also, you will be able to choose your teams for the team games (cannot guarantee this for non-tournament games)

If there's not enough interest, I may have to cancel specific tournaments.

Last edited:
Both walls games, spleef, and archery arena are all games that I will participate i assuming they are at times I am free.

planetoid is the one I don't like it looks a bit weird

I liked the walls when I tried it but I don't get the concept of the banner

Interested in all but would need date+time in order to confirm that I'm available.

For the recoloring the sand and gravel blocks there would be three possibilities:
- use normal sand and the new red sand (data value 1 i think), so you'd have the classical red and yellow, just not that bright colors
- Use a redstone / commandblock device to change the blocks to red and yellow wool once they landed. This would include two rows of /testfor commands which for each field check if theres a gravel/sand block. Minus point here is that it may confuse players when they use a gravel block but it ends up as red wool.
- The third and most complicated would be to let the players place wool blocks, then use testfor blocks which then replace them with Falling Sand Entities that are colored like red/yellow wool. Once they land theyll turn to normal wool blocks again. I never worked with FallingSand but it'd def would be possible. Ill give it a try when i get home this weekend and when the firework show is on a good way.

Lastly id use a grid that has not a border between each single field. Like on your pic it looks weirdly massive and not that nice. Also practically will make the shadows the log grid causes make it harder to see what block is inside. Ill too make a pic of what i imagined on sunday

- Edit: for the third option it is be even easier when you place the blocks directly via command block, then you directly spawn falling sand

For the recoloring the sand and gravel blocks there would be three possibilities:
- use normal sand and the new red sand (data value 1 i think), so you'd have the classical red and yellow, just not that bright colors
- Use a redstone / commandblock device to change the blocks to red and yellow wool once they landed. This would include two rows of /testfor commands which for each field check if theres a gravel/sand block. Minus point here is that it may confuse players when they use a gravel block but it ends up as red wool.
- The third and most complicated would be to let the players place wool blocks, then use testfor blocks which then replace them with Falling Sand Entities that are colored like red/yellow wool. Once they land theyll turn to normal wool blocks again. I never worked with FallingSand but it'd def would be possible. Ill give it a try when i get home this weekend and when the firework show is on a good way.

Lastly id use a grid that has not a border between each single field. Like on your pic it looks weirdly massive and not that nice. Also practically will make the shadows the log grid causes make it harder to see what block is inside. Ill too make a pic of what i imagined on sunday

- Edit: for the third option it is be even easier when you place the blocks directly via command block, then you directly spawn falling sand
I can't use red and standard sand because commandblocks don't know the difference. Also, I'm not sure how to replace blocks with command blocks, is it just a replace command? Because I tried to "place" air on a block to delete it but that didn't work. Also, I have the chunky grid because that's the only way to make a grid, unless you just had the outline of a rectangle.

I can't use red and standard sand because commandblocks don't know the difference. Also, I'm not sure how to replace blocks with command blocks, is it just a replace command? Because I tried to "place" air on a block to delete it but that didn't work. Also, I have the chunky grid because that's the only way to make a grid, unless you just had the outline of a rectangle.

Filling the area with air should do it, also the id for reds and should be 12:1 as sand Id is 12. If you need any help with the cmd blocks I'm happy to help.

Filling the area with air should do it, also the id for reds and should be 12:1 as sand Id is 12. If you need any help with the cmd blocks I'm happy to help.
If you try to place air over a filled block, it says the block can't be placed. And when I used the block id 12:1 with command blocks, it placed normal sand.

As i have not worked with commands for half a year now the exact command names may be slightly wrong. If im right in 1.8 there will be a direct replace command but for 1.7 you should be able to place for each field two command blocks with the commands /testforblock <x y z block coords> gravel and /testforblock x y z sand. Then put a comparator facing away from those command blocks and running in another command block each with for example [/setblock x y z wool 14 replace] for red wool, for yellow wool use the data value 4 instead of 14. Red Sand is no problem as practically all commands offer an optional data value slot.

@dallen1393 @JordD04 i guess the problem up there is that the OldBlockHandling tag is not specified, set it to "replace" (cf. my command)

And the data value is not specified together with the ID as in WE, it has a separate slot.

As i have not worked with commands for half a year now the exact command names may be slightly wrong. If im right in 1.8 there will be a direct replace command but for 1.7 you should be able to place for each field two command blocks with the commands /testforblock <x y z block coords> gravel and /testforblock x y z sand. Then put a comparator facing away from those command blocks and running in another command block each with for example [/setblock x y z wool 14 replace] for red wool, for yellow wool use the data value 4 instead of 14. Red Sand is no problem as practically all commands offer an optional data value slot.

@dallen1393 @JordD04 i guess the problem up there is that the OldBlockHandling tag is not specified, set it to "replace" (cf. my command)

And the data value is not specified together with the ID as in WE, it has a separate slot.
oh, ok, thankyou.