• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Accepted Mershy_ Artist Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit - Added more pictures to Dwarven Meeting Hall Building link

Edit - Finished Dwarven meeting hall and added Final Pictures Section.
I think that you need to do a decent amount of practice on shaping. The bottoms of those pillars are very chunky looking to me and don't have a nice, natural, smooth shape. The block mixing is also somewhat odd. There are a lot of random shifts that go on between sandstone, stone bricks, pillars, etc., with no clear pattern. To me, there's not really a clear block that's the basis for the rest of the pattern in any place. Even having a different block for the ceiling as opposed to the wall is fine (and is often good), but when you can't tell what the main block is. If I ever have the time this weekend, I'd like to show you what I mean, but I think that currently, you should try to work on the mixing and shaping, but other than that I think that the general design of the hall is great! It seems really nice to have the small, higher-up sections with the balconies. Vertical floor positions are always a great variable to manipulate when creating a hall, especially in one more based on decoration, and design, such as a Meeting Hall. Keep it up! I'd love to see how this comes out when you finish it (along with interior decoration)!

Edit - Added Final Pictures for Anorien Farming Settlement (BIG ALBUM)

Hello @Mershy_ ,

Your application has been accepted! Congratulations to the Purple Legion! Your latest anorien village was really great and i can't wait to see your work in moria and osgo too, if you want to work, ask ooit aswell. :)

- Daom

Status
Not open for further replies.