• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Accepted Milarwen (Artist Application)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milarwen

Moria Hall Professional
Supporter
Commoner
Credits
XP
Hello, I am a man in the mid thirties. I have been moderator and admin for a Norwegian Minecraft community for 4 years. Reason I came to you is because the community have been faltering for some time now and the owners decided to restructure. I waited for some time now but nothing have happned so far.

I think i visited this realm for about a year ago. But being busy as mod and admin for a Norwegian minecraft community, it was mostly for delight and inspiration that I logged on MCME. Now that this community has died out, sadly, I am now seeking new adventures and challenges.

I have no screenshots available at this time as my our old forum has been taken down. It might be archived but not yet. I haven't done any jobs yet on MCME either, yet.

I have one theme build done of Haudh-en-Arwen, which is perhaps the only proof of my skill. I tried to search around my computer for old screenshots but most likely went into the nether when I did a clean install for Windows 10.

My style and interests are perhaps medival ages, arthurian legend, middle earth type of houses, castles, towers, narrow streets with cobble and such. Upon building the theme build for this week I came across a weakness of building trees. I hope this can be improved with practice.

My motivation is to see this server expand and contribute towards this servers goals. Exciting concept and lot of unseen places players can experience with thanks to effort of members of this server.

Link to screenshots of the theme build Haudh-en-Arwen:

DRKzmyd.png

cSzMm7R.png

TzzBDcn.png

pIiVQpL.png

Last edited:
Thank you for your application! I cannot give alot of feedback since you have only participated in one Themed-Build so far, but it looks pretty good! I have a few tips for you to increase your current build:

Terrain: Your terrain looks pretty good, It's not flat, there is a small pond and you added grass/trees. But what you can add more to even make it better is bushes, rocks, maybe a small river. And don't only use tallgrass, mix it in with some other flowers to make it more detailed.

Structure: The ruins does not look bad but don't fear to add more blocks (Moss stone, Chiseled stone bricks, Different kinds of stone,..). And for the floor you can add some gravel, dirt sandstone,.. There are alot of blocks where you can experiment with. I can see you made your own trees wich is really good. But you can make them better by adding a bigger trunk and bending them more so they are not a straight line. Also by the little pond I noticed some grass ontop of grass blocks wich doesn't look good. So you should definitly replace the grass blocks under the grass with stone.

Well, that's all that I can give for you know, don't forget to add more pictures of your builds or any build so we can see you are Artist worthy. Btw don't forget to participate in jobs to increase your chance on getting Artist. Good luck!

For trees there are some tips and tricks in the MCME Builder School (in level 3). To get to it type /mvtp plotworld and then /warp builder school!

I did some improvement work on my TB. Did some beauty work on my trees and added a new one. Made a carrage road with a bridge over the stream. Also added some bushes for vegitation.

There is something wrong with the image linking, I had some images linked to imgur but now i can't seem to link anything and i cannot add any images to this forum.

Edit: The plot in question is reset.

Last edited:
I reset the plot because I felt it became more and more like a castle and not a fort as I inteded. To big, to grand, to stylish. But I will leave some images here anyway to see what it was like. Because the image album plug-in seems to be broken somewhere in the pipeline i will post only a few.

amsQuw8.png

7ka3wtb.png

Pxuqa0D.png

1EwJr9Y.png

to1rsxd.png

TGB9ckE.png

ok so now I'm curious... You obviously have excellent skills in place already, why withdraw?

Yeah, there are a few details here and there that could use work, but I'm entirely sure that you are artist material.

Here is my Mathom House Theme build. Interior isn't really my strong side, both on creativity and execution.

yaHaciq.jpg

eFLeElc.jpg

9QE6Yn1.jpg

UgY9VJz.jpg

IXCrw2c.jpg

663W9YD.jpg

My health is back to good as it can be and I was wondering if there was any change of becoming an artist again? Here is snapshot of my current project, the TB for last week, the White pillar. Its not done yet, but it is starting to take shape.

Edit: an updated image of the TB.

tower2.png

Added some pictures of the total revamp of my pillar.

2017-03-25_18.06.25.png
2017-03-25_22.27.46.png

Last edited:
I was thinking it was time to contribute to MCME again. Sometimes you get tired, and doesn't know how to deal with it other than taking a break. While after a break I find myself hungry to build again. Here are some screenshots of the houses I built for Dol Amroth. There are two houses. The blue and the sandstone. Not sure you need the interiors.

Attachments

• 2019-01-16_21.22.jpg
    2019-01-16_21.22.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 213
  • 2019-01-16_21.28.jpg
    2019-01-16_21.28.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 194
  • 2019-01-16_21.29.jpg
    2019-01-16_21.29.jpg
    1,014.3 KB · Views: 194
  • 2019-01-16_21.30.jpg
    2019-01-16_21.30.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 168
  • 2019-01-16_21.28.jpg
    2019-01-16_21.28.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 177
Last edited:
Official Update on Status
**Application Accepted**
Your application has been accepted! Congratulations to the Purple Legion!
*Glad to have you back Mil

Being so active that I am now and not wearing an artist rank is kind of a waste. I want to reapply for artist and continue on my hall in Moria.

Status
Not open for further replies.