• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Accepted Milarwen's FAWE Badge Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milarwen

Moria Hall Professional
Supporter
Commoner
Credits
XP
Unrestricted WorldEdit [WE]

Badge requirements:
  • Be at least Artist or Guide: Yes
  • Have an adequate amount of experience in FAWE: No, but I have experience with the regular WE-plug-in.
  • Is responsible and mature enough to use the tool in an effective manner: Yes
Application:
  • When did you join? Aug 4, 2016
  • What rank are you currently and approximately how long have you had that rank? Artist and have had it for just under a week, but have been artist and even enforcer in the past.
  • How experienced are you in FAWE? Again, no experience but again, I have experience with WE.
  • Will you need instruction in using WE once you acquire the badge? No
  • Why do you need this badge? Working on a larger hall in Moria. Adding floors and such will able me to do work I normally would have to ask someone with WE to do.
  • What to you is a responsible and mature player? A player that is understanding, polite and respectful towards other players and other people reaching for our community.

Last edited:
Lol, nice mistake :p

My question is: why do you need unrestricted over the limited FAWE badge? We usually only hand out the unrestricted for people who are going to use the more complex commands for terrain.

Not sure how to respond. I have no idea what the limitations of FAWE is so I went for the one I know and are familiar with. I really don't need WE, but at several occasions, the designers doing WE jobs for me have asked my why I didn't apply for a WE badge. It doesn't matter so much to me as long as people don't have a problem doing it for me. Asking for help with WE will be required as placing 14.000 blocks manually seems kind of futile.

PS: I want to learn terrain and contribute to that in the future should you find the need for me, but as of now I merely asked since people encouraged me to apply for it. I can apply later if you cannot justify it for the time being.

Last edited:
I think @ooitsbirdo should give you the limited WE badge for now and in the future we can get you on the unrestricted!

Fine with me. As I said, I don't know the restrictions of FAWE as I have only experience with the regular WE and so long as it can cover at least some of the tasks I will required to do, it will be useful. I will rename it to FAWE badge application then.

FAWE (Fast Asynchronous World Edit) is keeping all features of normal WE. So you can do everything you know from WE with FAWE too. FAWE just applies the block changes asynchronous so you can do larger areas without crashing the server.
However FAWE adds a lot new features, not all of them are available for Limited WE Badge. But the main restriction is the limited selection size. I believe it is about 100k or 200k blocks. So for a Moria hall it's fine.

I believe it is about 100k or 200k blocks. So for a Moria hall it's fine.

That is more than enough. Mostly inserting blocks is what I will be needing for the job I'm doing now. Maybe some copy, paste and rotate.

Status
Not open for further replies.