• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Finished Minas Tirith STAGE 2 " Gondor calls for aid!"

might it be an idea, to extend part of the houses into the wall/ mountain? that would save a lot of space and make the interiors larger... or is this already planned?

Yes, I do remember Credoo mentioning houses will be made in such a way the interior can be expanded into the wall.

Second layer is ready for construction. Keep 5 wide space for the main road. Try to keep your buildings uneven. Only make diagonal houses against the 3rd wall. Leave the most west/southern part open for garden. And as always Have Fun!

It's so exciting to see the levels of MT coming together in a pink form =) @Credoo Do you have any plans for when and how the Build style tests will begin?

It's so exciting to see the levels of MT coming together in a pink form =) @Credoo Do you have any plans for when and how the Build style tests will begin?
Yep if you read the initial post you'll see that we will start concepts as soon as the second layer is finished. Once we have a concept ille open up plotworld so everyone can make houses. Houses that will be pasted in on the first lvl.

Stage 2 has been initiated. Currently we are working out the concepts. As soon as I feel we got a good enuff style going on I will make a tutorial and make some plots on the plot world so everyone will be able to help out. Houses made on the plot world will be placed in the first layer if they meet the requirements.

Artist don't start new buildings before all the other once are either finished or being finished. I don't want half of Minas Tirith to be incomplete and unfinished.

Artist don't start new buildings before all the other once are either finished or being finished. I don't want half of Minas Tirith to be incomplete and unfinished.
On this note, could anybody building a house mark it with "wip (your name)" if you plan on finishing it? That way, nobody will finish your house if you want to finish it, and people can finish houses and be sure that it's fine with everybody else.

Thanks!

Completion of Barracks (whoever finished it -thanks, they look great!) in 3rd level northern side means we can now progress to level 4 (thats it, 4 not 2; 2 will happen after 4!), southern side. I marked houses that need to have basement with black again.

If you notice anything not finished in 3rd try to finish it (the bottom parts of the towers that expands to level 2 are an exception, leave them for now), but as far i checked everything looks well atm. I will take care of the unfinished basement in 3rd.

So: Level 4, southern side, is open for building! Artists, Gondor needs your help!

Side note: finish every building you start, including interior and furniture, do not leave empty shells. Build only one house at once. Mark them with WiP signs with your name above.

Last edited:
Request for Artists:
Please stop filling arches with weird shapes and putting walls (as block) literally anywhere you can. Its meant to be small column, not a gap filler.
If you are adding stairs to fill flat walls details, do it in /\ shape not \/ ot +. Try avoiding making long straight lines with them too.

Edit: After a short discussion with cre, this is what rules you have to obey:
-Avoid Sticking out roofs.
-Do not fill arches. Let it be arch and not some monstrosity.
-Do not make weird shaped windows. Just dont.
-Try to make some proper details on flat surfaces but:
+dont overuse stairs
+dont overuse walls and fences
-Dont make spikes on roofs

The bottom part of ground level arch - do not always fill it with stone blocks - try making some green part (like flowerpots - grass blocks with hatch on the side) - we lack some green decoration on ground level.

There is a lot of marked houses and structures atm, some needs to be reworked a bit. If someone is continously making same mistakes hes gonna be excluded from MT building.

Last edited:
Imma add two cents here guys:

QUALITY OVER QUANITY

Recently some of the other staff have pointed out some builds that lack in quality and are not up to par with the Minas Tirith standard. Make sure that after you finish a build, you get feedback on it before continuing. We dont want you making the same repeated mistake on multiple builds that will just have to be fixed down the road as it is not productive for either party. So again, take your time, focus on quality, and be open to feedback. Staff wouldnt give you feedback if we werent sure that we were right for the most part.

Imma add two cents here guys:

QUALITY OVER QUANITY

Recently some of the other staff have pointed out some builds that lack in quality and are not up to par with the Minas Tirith standard. Make sure that after you finish a build, you get feedback on it before continuing. We dont want you making the same repeated mistake on multiple builds that will just have to be fixed down the road as it is not productive for either party. So again, take your time, focus on quality, and be open to feedback. Staff wouldnt give you feedback if we werent sure that we were right for the most part.
To add my two cents on the two cents:p

Can any staff making criticisms sign the suggestions with their name? That way we know who to ask about what they were thinking, or what specifically needs changing.

To add my two cents on the two cents:p

Can any staff making criticisms sign the suggestions with their name? That way we know who to ask about what they were thinking, or what specifically needs changing.
@Despot & @Credoo (as well as myself) have been doing this recently so if you see one of your past houses with red on it, please fix it before continuing. Sorry for not giving feedback sooner as I realize it was a communication error on both sides.

Btw, i've tried mixing rooves colors, and I think it works pretty well, cause right know i feel like they are a little boring.
IHlZvwp.png

Flying around i can see that there are some bare or flat walls where detail is needed, as well as some dreaded 2 thick columns. I think one thing to emphasize is that the outlines are just that, Outlines. You should follow them to the best of your ability, but quality of builds matters more than following the given outline. Change certain things if needed, just sure you make it look good.
P.s. try to reduce thickness of some areas. A lot of roof borders and walls could use a bit more love and detail.

2nd Half of 4th is opened for building. Dont do gatetower for next level yet. Remember about all friendly suggestions above. Once again -> buildings with basement are marked with black.