• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Minecraft 1.14 snapshot

This is the first of a new try-out series in which I'll introduce people the newest features that are being introduced in development versions for future Minecraft (snapshots).
Snapshots are released on a weekly basis by Mojang once they feel a major update is ready to be trickled into the community for testing.

1.14 is called the Village and Pillage update and will focus on more interaction with the villages and structures.

In regard to MCME, I will mostly stick to the most interesting features being introduced in the snapshots, while only making mention of the survival components.

Bamboo

A new block with multiple stage growth visuals. It can also be placed in flower pots as decoration.

Barrels

A new block that has an inventory.

Bells

A transparent block, though it has no functionality right now other than decoration. They attach differently depending on how they are placed adjacent or on a block.

Blast Furnace

Similar to a regular furnace, but with different texture.

Smoker

Right now this block has no function.

Cartography table, fletching table, smithing table and stonecutters table.

These have no function right now.

New flowers: Cornflower, Wither Rose, Lily of the Valley

Grindstone

Currently has no function

Lectern / Bookstand

A book can be placed on the lectern.

Loom

Loom has an UI that enables you to make banners easier.

4 New signs
Spruce, birch, acacia, jungle and dark oak signs are now available.

14 New slabs
stone, andesite, polished andesite, diorite, polished diorite, granite, polished granite, mossy stone brick, mossy cobblestone, smooth sandstone, smooth red sandstone, smooth quartz, red nether brick, and end stone brick slabs.

14 New stairs
stone, andesite, polished andesite, diorite, polished diorite, granite, polished granite, mossy stone brick, mossy cobblestone, smooth sandstone, smooth red sandstone, smooth quartz, red nether brick, and end stone brick stairs.

12 New walls
brick, andesite, diorite, granite, prismarine, stone brick, mossy stone brick, sandstone, red sandstone, nether brick, red nether brick, and end stone brick walls.

To read more of the snapshot, featuring crossbows, dyes, mobs and more, visit 18w44a

From what I've seen the loom is not for making crafting banners easier but rather it is going to replace and simplify the way banners are made.
Therefore I theorize that possibly the fletcher table will replace and simplify how arrows and tipped arrows are made, the cartographer table replace and simplify the way maps are made, the smithing table replace the way you craft weapons and armors, the stonecutter replace the way you make slabs and stairs and the blast furnace replace the way you smelt ores into ingots.
I hope this is not the case and to be fair it doesn't feel like it's the way they want to take the game. Then again, increasing the number of different crafting methods will greatly increase the number of different crafting recipies that can be in the game compared to the rather limited systems of the crafting table and the furnace.

Last edited:
Yeah from what I'm seeing they are fleshing out crafting to be more contextual - no longer able to craft anything at a workbench. Dedicated tables for certain uses etc.

14 New Stairs !!!
14 New Slabs !!!
12 New Walls !!!

= More fun for Eriol!

Seriously though I'm looking forward to these new updates. I think they're all coming a bit fast but it allows us to experiment and who know, maybe a new level of gameplay on MCME too.

Let's see what the future brings :)

= More fun for Eriol!

Seriously though I'm looking forward to these new updates. I think they're all coming a bit fast but it allows us to experiment and who know, maybe a new level of gameplay on MCME too.

Let's see what the future brings :)
Only positive vibes with Raffy :cool:, also more crafting tables means more blocks regardless!