• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

MissAngelica

MissAngelica

Dirt Conaisseur
Credits
XP

Jobs done: 2
1) Fennas Drunin road, led by Thomas
2) TheRoad2.0, led by Emilio

ScreenShots:
(Email)

Interests: In general all, but I do like to do dwarven and Elvish, but once again I am willing to participate anywhere.

Motivation: My love for LoTR, and this place is so cool, I would love to help in any way I can!

Thank you for your application! I would like to give you some tips on what you can do to increase your chances to get accepted.

You need to upload your pictures first. You may use something like >>imgur<< or >>MCME media section<<. You can then add the picture to your application post above.

I suggest that you participate in a few >>themed builds<< to show off your skills with MCME resource packs.

When you have new builds add more screenshots to your application above. Please also reply to this thread with something like 'update'. This will make us notice your new screenshots.

Aside from themed builds you can improve your chances to get Artist by helping with >>jobs and plotbuilds<< as you already did. Try to stay very active with jobs. When you finished a task for a Designer, remember to ask the Designer to give points to your application as described >>here<<.

2016-03-03_17-35-43.1652
2016-03-03_17-35-55.1651
2016-03-03_17-36-04.1650
2016-03-03_17-36-11.1649
2016-03-03_17-36-19.1648
2016-03-03_17-36-32.1647
2016-03-03_17-36-37.1646
2016-03-03_17-36-55.1645

I can't see your pictures the links are broken. I forgot to tell you that you have to add: ".../full" to the URL links to your pictures, no idea why.
You could also paste the pictures in a spoiler, so we can look at them one by one:
full

From
Code:
http://www.mcmiddleearth.com/media/2016-03-03_17-35-43.1652/
You make
Code:
http://www.mcmiddleearth.com/media/2016-03-03_17-35-43.1652/full

@Finrod_Amandil usually reviews the Artist applications on Saturdays. Promotions are posted at the >>Artist promotions thread<< on the forum.

Your Meduseld is a good start but you should improve some points:

1. Realism:
  • Without walls and only some quite slender pillars your halls looks like it will collaps at any moment.
  • Meduseld is the great throne hall of the King of Rohan - Could be more fancy and where is the throne ;)
  • The circle decorations at the roof ridge are way too large I believe.
2. Materials
  • You only use very few materials: Cobblestone for the floor, oak planks for walls and roof, and a very few decoration blocks. Try to use various materials to make your build more interesting. For the paths you used 2 materials: good, but a third one would be even better.
3. Details (very important)
  • Your hall, the surroundings and also the smaller rooms inside are almost empty. You should add a lot of details. Think about what they will need/want at the hall (food, paintings, carpets, cupboards...)
  • Also use every bit of your plot! There could be sleeping rooms, stables, kitchen, food storages, a cart maybe, an armorer, a smith...
  • There are a lot of decoration blocks you can use, flowers, fenced, crates, flower pots, paintings, chests, torches .... Btw in the case you are not allowed to place something like a redstone torch, place a wool block instead with a sign indication what you need. Then ask a Designer to place it for you.
You still have more than a week to build the best Golden Hall you can do.
Most players participate in a few themed builds before they get Artist. Try to improve the points above and keep asking for feedback. Also don't forget to look out for jobs.

Good luck!

The walls are a lot better now!

There's two main things I'd change however:
  • The roof is incredibly high, building something like that would require an enormous amount of work and material, beside that it makes the building look really out of proportions if the walls only make up about 1/4 of the total height. If you have such a big room to cover you can either make the roof less steep (use slabs instead of stairs), or you divide it a bit into parts, to make it look less like a 1-piece giant roof. For all these check out the Meduseld on the main map and study how the roof was made there.
  • The second thing is the interior; currently it looks like the build has been freshly constructed but is not in use yet; Details are what make the build look lively; a throne, tables and chairs, bedrooms, storage chambers, ...

Job update:
-Rooad
-Fornostwalls3
-3-4 part private build (made a house in Fennas Drunin)
-Farmlowwalls
-River
-TheRoad2.0

Fixed up my meduseld, and made the roof lower. Also finished helping Thomas by making him his brewery (not all by myself; got help from a few people)