• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Finished Misty Mountains [Part 1 - Mountains of Moria]

Suggestion: make a black stone texture and use that instead of/ in conjunction with regular stone. If you look at pictures of the European Alps or of the Misty Mountains in the Fellowship of the Ring, you'll notice this. A few examples:

Alps:
Alps+aust+inns.jpg

Misties:
2560x2048_%D0%A1%D0%BD%D0%B5%D0%B6%D0%BD%D1%8B%D0%B5-%D0%B3%D0%BE%D1%80%D1%8B.jpg

We also still have three stair blocks that could potentially be used for something. (Dark/Acacia wood, Quartz.)

We still need a lot of blocks for other projects in eriador, so using the blocks with stair/slab isn't very good

We still need a lot of blocks for other projects in eriador, so using the blocks with stair/slab isn't very good
Agree, especially Moria and Angmar.
Its also not practical to use 100 different blocks in the mountains, Am thinking to take about 2 stony textures to Eriador (tons of stained clay blocks still free) and maybe a few plants if it helps to establish a proper altitudinal zonation.

Moria isnt a problem, there will be a dwarven pack ;) But Angmar will need some stuff.
Plants and the stony textures would work, @SugarKoala could maybe add them if you show her which ones you need

Moria isnt a problem, there will be a dwarven pack ;) But Angmar will need some stuff.
Plants and the stony textures would work, @SugarKoala could maybe add them if you show her which ones you need
Hmm is the dwarven pack already set? Id prefer going with as few packs as possible...
And yeah, ill do a Google Doc for lizzy

Random thought: I don't know if it's come up yet, but I think it'd be fun to place a few pieces of glowstone beneath the Mirrormere, to replicate the vision of Durin's Crown that Frodo and Gimli saw.
This occurred to me too a while ago. I thought what we could so is place them so when you use F5 back-view, you stand on the stone thing (is that where Durin stood?) and have to position your camera angle just right to see a crown over your head.

Last edited: