• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

In Progress Mordor Borders

Created the project map for region above Ithilien/at the mouth of Mordor based on the Atlas depiction. @Tyranystrasz please note the new layout. @Finrod_Amandil I would appreciate your approval before moving forward with these changes, as it involves further nuking the Dead Marshes. Some notes on each component:

1) The Road: Will need to have a clear path to the Black Gates with minimal inclination changes, similar to previous portions of the road the span Ithilien.

2) Naman-Lands: Replace current worldpainter hills with terrain that matches the new terrain just outside of Mordor. These will be relatively desolate.

3) Dead Marshes: Sorry @Wollip666 but according to the new map layout and Atlas depiction, the swamps must be moved Westward. The current marshes will be replaced with Naman-Lands terrain.

unknown.png

hQbZWgu.png

If there are any staff members looking for voxel work (or simply need a project), please let me know! I would love the assistance as there is quite literally a lot of ground to cover with the addition of the Naman-Lands and the Dead Marshes.

No man lands?
*puts on glasses* ah yes that is an O not an A... thanks

By the way I looked it up and the No-man Lands consisted of long shallow slopes, arid moors, and sedimentary layers of earth or rock... So all around pretty barren.

Update:

Still looking for another designer to help with the northern terrain.

Great progress in Harithilien the past few days with the help of @Napoleon0605 @Merlinc01 @lolbroek108 and @superlolster360 ! A bunch of new streams, some roads, all looking great!
Thanks you
Update:

Still looking for another designer to help with the northern terrain.

Great progress in Harithilien the past few days with the help of @Napoleon0605 @Merlinc01 @lolbroek108 and @superlolster360 ! A bunch of new streams, some roads, all looking great!
No problemo, I liked the job very much :D

Repairing The Ithilien/Mordor Transition
Project Staff:
Fireinferno13 , Tyranystrasz
Support Staff: BWOT
Introduction
As you hopefully noticed, Mordor was recently added to the map. However, due to overlap, this also meant for the destruction of Ithilien/Harithilien's most eastern border. The goal of this project is self explanatory - repairing the boarder between Ithilien and Mordor in order to create a smooth transition. This project will commence upon receiving the green light from Mr @Finrod_Amandil .

X0u2nka.png

Project

brown - main road
orange - dead marshes
red - noman lands

green - ithilien
purple - nindalf

hQbZWgu.png

Progress:
  1. Ithilien (100%)
  2. Harithilien (100%)
  3. Noman Lands/Dead Marshes (20%)
    • Terrain:
      • Road to Mordor
      • Noman Lands
      • Dead Marshes (basic)

1. Northern Mordor Border (10%)
  2. Southern Mordor Border (40%)
  3. Eastern Mordor Border (0%)
PROJECT POST UPDATED! NEW MAP!
1aICC39.png

The border between Ithilien and Harithilien is once again whole and complete! Please go check it out as I think some of it turned out quite spectacularly. Thank you to everyone who helped with the numerous stream and road jobs, extra large shout out to @Napoleon0605 for digging more streams than anyone combined.

My new focus will be the southern border of Mordor. This portion of the project will be somewhat dull update wise, as simply involves transitioning terrain that nobody will ever visit/will probably get nuked when we redo Harad terrain anyways.

Last edited:
PROJECT POST UPDATED!

The border between Ithilien and Harithilien is once again whole and complete! Please go check it out as I think some of it turned out quite spectacularly. Thank you to everyone who helped with the numerous stream and road jobs, extra large shout out to @Napoleon0605 for digging more streams than anyone combined.

My new focus will be the southern border of Mordor. This portion of the project will be somewhat dull update wise, as simply involves transitioning terrain that nobody will ever visit/will probably get nuked if we redo Harad terrain anyways.
How meny nukes does Middle-Earth have??

Update: The southern edge, which borders between Mordor and Harad, is almost done (maybe finish tonight or tomorrow). With the exception of one last section of terrain and two river sources.

Working on the Eastern portion has proven somewhat more difficult, given the world guard borders that are in place there and teleport me backwards anytime I accidentally cross them. But I will hopefully be tackling that soon.

Northern Mordor will receive its own thread (should appear soon) as there is a lot more lore involved with that corner of the map.
This will include the Dead Marshes, Noman Lands, and Dagorlands, as well as the terrain surrounding the Black Gate.