• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

• Did you know you can upload your screenshots to your own Media section?.You can get ratings and comments on the uploaded material!

Mordor Resource Pack

Climbing is an interesting point. Still not sure if it's worth to use a block for the climbing experience in just that one place. Maybe would make more sense to use it for some net.
I don't really understand the open trapdoor idea. Have to try that ingame.

But you can't climb on an itemblock as if it was a ladder however you can climb on vines. Unless... well... There's one more block in the game (aside from ladders) that is climbable. An open trapdoor placed in the block space directly above a ladder can be climbed as well. But could we transfer that property into an itemblock do you think?
Otherwise we could just make itemblock vines as I don't think there will be many vines either.
My cousin used to play a bit with Minecraft commands some years ago and I remember he could make normal blocks climbable. This was done in vanilla minecraft, single player, so it can't be a too hard addition to the Architect Plugin. I could ask him if he remembers how he did it. On the other hand I don't really see the use of this. For the Stairs of Cirith Ungol, they're just stairs, not a straight cliff face. For the Dead Marshes, Frodo and Sam used a rope, which might be a nice 'easter egg' like the fire at Weathertop and the lit beacons.
Anyways, not only vines and ladders are climbable.

My cousin used to play a bit with Minecraft commands some years ago and I remember he could make normal blocks climbable. This was done in vanilla minecraft, single player, so it can't be a too hard addition to the Architect Plugin. I could ask him if he remembers how he did it. On the other hand I don't really see the use of this. For the Stairs of Cirith Ungol, they're just stairs, not a straight cliff face. For the Dead Marshes, Frodo and Sam used a rope, which might be a nice 'easter egg' like the fire at Weathertop and the lit beacons.
Anyways, not only vines and ladders are climbable.
Never hurts asking. I think it's worth a shot.
But you say there's more climbable blocks in Minecraft other than vines and ladders, I ask you then; what blocks are you talking about?

Okay here's the list of all the chapters / books there are. Those marked in bold and red are most likely having a lot of relevant info in them, those in bold have a high chance to have some side notes in them as the story revolves closely around Mordor.

Green: Have been checked for info
All in red: Need a complete and close read.
All in bold: Need a complete read.
All others: Will check those myself with keyword search.
  • LotR - Book I, II, III
  • LotR - Book IV:
    • Chapter 1: The Taming of Sméagol - @ryttyr
    • Chapter 2: The Passage of the Marshes
    • Chapter 3: The Black Gate is Closed
    • Chapter 4: Of Herbs and Stewed Rabbit - @DarthRagnar
    • Chapter 5: The Window on the West - @DarthRagnar
    • Chapter 6: The Forbidden Pool - @DarthRagnar
    • Chapter 7: Journey to the Cross-roads - @DarthRagnar
    • Chapter 8: The stairs of Cirith Ungol
    • Chapter 9: Shelob's Lair
    • Chapter 10: The Choices of Master Samwise
  • LotR - Book V:
    • Chapter 1: Minas Tirith
    • Chapter 2: The Passing of the Grey Company
    • Chapter 3: The Muster of Rohan
    • Chapter 4: The Siege of Gondor
    • Chapter 5: The Ride of the Rohirrim
    • Chapter 6: The Battle of the Pelennor Fields
    • Chapter 7: The Pyre of Denethor
    • Chapter 8: The Houses of Healing
    • Chapter 9: The Last Debate
  • LotR - Book VI:
    • Chapter 1: The Tower of Cirith Ungol
    • Chapter 2: The Land of Shadow
    • Chapter 3: Mount Doom
    • Chapter 4: The Field of Cormallen
    • Chapter 5: The Steward and the king
    • Chapter 6: Many Partings
    • Chapter 7: Homeward Bound
    • Chapter 8: The Scouring of the Shire
    • Chapter 9: The Grey Havens
  • LotR - Appendixes
  • Hobbit
  • Silmarillion
  • History of Middle-earth
  • Unfinished Tales of Númenor and Middle-earth
Instructions for readers:
  • It may be a tricky to figure what is relevant for textures; story is not important, but descriptions of the area, but also things like when they need to scramble up a rockslide or similar (--> means we need some sort of loose rock texture).
  • Put the original quotes here, with enough sentences around the interesting part to understand the context.
  • Paste the findings directly here.
You can mark C1-3 of book 4 as green Fin. It's all in that doc I shared with you.