• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Moria Adventure Map

Roako

Is going on an adventure!
Credits
XP
Hello everyone! One of my favorite things to do in Minecraft is use commands. With them, I've created a couple maps and posted them. I think they're of decent quality (decide for yourself) Vid of one of my maps. and I was thinking about making another one! Since I love Lord of the Rings and love making maps, I thought I'd combine the two. I was going to make a play-through of the main scenes from the Mines of Moria. The map would be possibly multiplayer (no promises) and allow the player to play as any character from the fellowship. Originally I thought I would just build my own version of Moria, but then I realized that would be a lot of wasted work considering the community has already built such an amazing version. My question for everyone is if it would be OK if I used the Moria built on the server and made an adventure map out of it. Of course I would give credit to the server, the community, and everyone who helped work on the mines. I already asked BWOT (the guy I basically believe to be the owner of the server) about it and he simply directed me here since the map belongs to the community! Thanks for reading.

-Roako

BWOT (the guy I basically believe to be the owner of the server)
First BWOT is not the owner, you should be talking to @q220 about this as he is the owner of MCME, and as stated above our version of Moria is not done, unless you wanted to use old Moria, but that is not up to the standards of MCME hence why we are redoing it.

and everyone who helped work on the mines.

You will be listing a lot of people then as it is a community project that everyone helps with one way or another.

and btw the old moria has missed many parts of moria and it's a bit hard to find the way through it

First BWOT is not the owner, you should be talking to @q220 about this as he is the owner of MCME, and as stated above our version of Moria is not done, unless you wanted to use old Moria, but that is not up to the standards of MCME hence why we are redoing it.

You will be listing a lot of people then as it is a community project that everyone helps with one way or another.
Yeah. I've been informed it would be a lot of work to list all the creators, but they deserve credit. Also, I would help finish the key parts of the mines from the first movie.

Yeah. I've been informed it would be a lot of work to list all the creators, but they deserve credit. Also, I would help finish the key parts of the mines from the first movie.
However, we are not doing Moria in order of the appearance in the movies. We are working from the East to West or West to East can't remember, so to just say I would help finish 'X' parts of Moria would throw all of the planning away, I don't see how this would work, sorry.

Hey @Roako,

thank you for your interest in helping with a new Adventure Map.
There have been some discussions about Adventure Maps in the past months and I know many people like the idea to make some new. I think your idea of a Moria play-through would be great for an Adventure Map, but I guess it would be better to wait a bit to give our builders more time to finish the Path of the Fellowship through Moria first.
I guess until then we could maybe use this thread to collect ideas and examples of what could happen in a Moria Adventure map.

-Eriol