• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Moria progress

Patrick_0901

Slab Fanatic
Commoner
Credits
XP
Goodday MCME,
I have been back active on the server for some time now because i have some more time at the moment, and i have been exploring the current moria progress, and artists informed me that we intend to finish the entire main layer of moria this year, so i went around all of moria, and everything on the main layer of moria in the area we are currently building is mostly done, so if we want to continue with the main layer we have to go through the royal court(the big cave at the end of the kings way) this is an area that is not planned yet, so my question is to the moria staff, can we soon have a talk about where we want to go with the progress in moria, and what needs to be done

Greetings
Patrick

I miss dedicated builders.

Plan was, indeed, to finish current layer (bigger part of it) this year.

I am not sure if this is possible anymore, mostly due dropping activity of staff (including mine).

Long story short: we go in current layer up and finish levels above currently build level. After it we slowly start crawling and digging a one route west. After that/during that we finish also bottom levels of current level. In the end we will have something like this: all levels in middle layer of most eastern city + one single route from west to east.

It will be hard to achieve it tho.

Ok thanks for giving me this information despot, but due to recent inactivity would it be ok that i start constructing Some halls in the 2nd layer i Will do this with darki.

Greetings Patrick

I think the same as TI. I think it would be a good idea to build other things aswell and not just Moria, mainly because it's such a big project and I think that new players would rather see Rhovanion be built. 2 out of 3 players that join the server is almost always asking for Erebor and such. Why not finish the rest of the world and then finish Moria?

We had this discussion before ;)

It is indeed tempting to build the most famous first. Yes we would probably attract some more players if we do. But if we would cherry-pick all the most epic places to finish them first afterward motivation to build the less famous places drop a lot. Just imagine we would have finished all the epic places like Erebor and Barad-Dur and only tons of remote villages and forrest left to be built. We need highlights to look forward to build them and to get excited from time to time.

Completely building one region with all highlights as well as the tendious everyday builds is much more sustainable for the community.

We had this discussion before ;)

It is indeed tempting to build the most famous first. Yes we would probably attract some more players if we do. But if we would cherry-pick all the most epic places to finish them first afterward motivation to build the less famous places drop a lot. Just imagine we would have finished all the epic places like Erebor and Barad-Dur and only tons of remote villages and forrest left to be built. We need highlights to look forward to build them and to get excited from time to time.

Completely building one region with all highlights as well as the tendious everyday builds is much more sustainable for the community.
Tbh not really. Part of the reason we were all so excited about Gondor way back was because of some of the ambiguity. A lot of lore is implicit rather than explicit, so it allows creative license. That being said, yes landmarks are a lot of fun. But doing the fellowships path through Moria first doesn't seem a bad idea. You would complete most of the truly lore necessary areas first and then have free reign to expand beyond that as people desire and see fit. Plus we could start doing moria speedruns again.

Goodday,
Now that i have been promoted as designer i am again more active in moria, and with the help of Some talented members like @Jesia, @Napoleon0605 and @barteldvn, halls or starting to pop up again, and we have already ran through the agrees halls, so the reason i am writing in the thread is mainly because we need leadership again in moria the halls are running out and i dont know where we are allowed to build, for this we especially need @Despot666 and @Credoo to plan new progress and prob start up a few of the langer projects up for example the waterworks,

Goodday,
Now that i have been promoted as designer i am again more active in moria, and with the help of Some talented members like @Jesia, @Napoleon0605 and @barteldvn, halls or starting to pop up again, and we have already ran through the agrees halls, so the reason i am writing in the thread is mainly because we need leadership again in moria the halls are running out and i dont know where we are allowed to build, for this we especially need @Despot666 and @Credoo to plan new progress and prob start up a few of the langer projects up for example the waterworks,
If you are looking for halls that are available, Despot previously said I could work on the following but I haven't had time:
  • If you warp to F2, these food storage halls need shelves and interiors before ruining (jobs?).
  • If you warp to F3, there are some barracks and military purpose halls if you continue through the tavern that can be claimed.

I gave 11 new halls to Patrick, hopefully this will be enough for at least 2 days. I am extremely happy to see such progress in such short time. Hopefully I can update texture pack this weekend with some new fancy stuff, but no promises.
2 days.... Enough.... Can't promise u anythin.... Maybe 1 and a half.

Looking for an artist to help on my barracks (/warp f5), as I am at a bit of builders block, PM me on the forums if interested and I can give you specific things to work on. Please do not just start building without direction.

Looking for an artist to help on my barracks (/warp f5), as I am at a bit of builders block, PM me on the forums if interested and I can give you specific things to work on. Please do not just start building without direction.
Made some good progress on the barracks this week. Still looking for a foreman to run jobs and/or artists to help with construction. PM me on the forums.