• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Moria Project (Freebuild)

Where did You take that awesome detailed map of moria from??? Is it an atlas of middleearth or something???

Moria Project builders!
We placed blue wool job markers with signs on them describing what the job is. Feel free to do any of those. When the job is done, place a single green wool block on top of blue wool to mark it as finished :)

One Suggestion About Organization:

It would probably involve less cluttering of the forums if you moved this to an individual PM conversation between you and those who are helping on the project. Posting major updates on an occasion is nice and all, however daily updates clutters things a bit.

Not saying dont post your work, just saying limit to the necessities :)
What I don't understand is that most staff actually now discourages Project threads, thus kinda discouraging projects all together (IMO).
It doesn't make much sense to me. After all, this is supposed to be an open, ambitious community, and not having Project threads defeats the purpose.

1.If there isn't a thread, no one will find the project.
2.If there isn't a thread, no one can give input, whether it be criticism, questions, or things of that nature.
3.If there isn't a thread, the leaders may get spammed in their inboxes with questions about the project since there is no common-place area that anyone can ask questions.
4. How does it clutter things up? Having a thread that gets bumped every couple of hours?
After all, there is a forum for a reason, and that is to talk, discuss, debate sometimes, and make beautiful
brain-childs.

And, this is in Off-Topic, so there isn't anything incredibly important that everyone needs to see.

Sorry if I sounded spiteful or rude in any way, but I know that at least 5 others are burning to know these questions too.

Now, after that small rant, are you guys currently recruiting builders?
I have been waiting for an excuse to get on the MCME servers since I have been more than scarce for the last couple of months.

Now, after that small rant, are you guys currently recruiting builders?
I have been waiting for an excuse to get on the MCME servers since I have been more than scarce for the last couple of months.
yeah we're recruiting buildes cause its such a big project we need YOU :D

What I don't understand is that most staff actually now discourages Project threads, thus kinda discouraging projects all together (IMO).
It doesn't make much sense to me. After all, this is supposed to be an open, ambitious community, and not having Project threads defeats the purpose.

1.If there isn't a thread, no one will find the project.
2.If there isn't a thread, no one can give input, whether it be criticism, questions, or things of that nature.
3.If there isn't a thread, the leaders may get spammed in their inboxes with questions about the project since there is no common-place area that anyone can ask questions.
4. How does it clutter things up? Having a thread that gets bumped every couple of hours?
After all, there is a forum for a reason, and that is to talk, discuss, debate sometimes, and make beautiful
brain-childs.

And, this is in Off-Topic, so there isn't anything incredibly important that everyone needs to see.

Sorry if I sounded spiteful or rude in any way, but I know that at least 5 others are burning to know these questions too.

We do not discourage you from making these kind of threads at all. It is the way in which people have large conversations in these threads that could happen through the use of private messages that are available through the forums. This does not mean you are not allowed to post on the thread, you can still post updates and the like. If people also have criticism or otherwise would like to make a comment on the build can do so on the thread.

Truly, @Ghundra , most of what I see here is all questions, comments, or praise (I can understand with that), and I think that this is better in a forum thread.

Sorry if I seem rude with anything I said, but I think users see things differently than Staff, since users don't particularly look for things that are not desirable (like project threads with bunches of questions and comments).

The main thing I think that would save up a lot of space is if they update OP to include saying something like "This map is from LOTRO, not from Tolkien himself", and about 12 posts would be gone.
xD

Announcement for Moria Project builders:

Very few people are recently building in Moria Project. 14 builders, and I've only seen one of you building last week. So, starting from today:
Every builder should complete at least one job each week (jobs are marked by blue wool placed around Moria). Builders, who don't meet this requirement, will be removed from builders list. The only exceptions from this rule: no jobs available or previously reported absence.

Announcement for Moria Project builders:

Very few people are recently building in Moria Project. 14 builders, and I've only seen one of you building last week. So, starting from today:
Every builder should complete at least one job each week (jobs are marked by blue wool placed around Moria). Builders, who don't meet this requirement, will be removed from builders list. The only exceptions from this rule: no jobs available or previously reported absence.
i built a board at the spawn of the project (/warp moriaproject) where you can write when you are in absence, if you can't find a leader to tell him.

Hey Guys Announcement!!!

We're starting now official with the build of the dweling area. Every Builder can come and build a house. But! please not in the planned map. build it under it at the ground, because we dont have to remove bad buildings then :)
The houses can be expand so feel free to go out the yellow planning. because your building at the ground you have to watch at the corridors. leave 5 blocks between the house and the corridor (except the corridors leading to the houses).

Have fun Guys
I'll see you on the server :D

Announcement:

We're starting a contest in moriafb area. You have one week to complete your build. Winners will be allowed to build on fellowship route.
To get there:
Code:
/warp MoriaContest
Theme: mines

You don't have to be Moria Project builder to participate, your build can be used as an application for the project.

Number of winners depends on number of participants:
Code:
1-3 participants - no winners
4-5 participants - 1 winner
6 participants - 2 winners
7+ participants - 3 winners

Good luck and have fun :)

Announcement:

We're starting a contest in moriafb area. You have one week to complete your build. Winners will be allowed to build on fellowship route.
To get there:
Code:
/warp MoriaContest
Theme: mines

You don't have to be Moria Project builder to participate, your build can be used as an application for the project.

Number of winners depends on number of participants:
Code:
1-3 participants - no winners
4-5 participants - 1 winner
6 participants - 2 winners
7+ participants - 3 winners

Good luck and have fun :)
Also you have to do some jobs at the project :D