• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Moria Project (Freebuild)

Klems, am I an exception for the One Job A Week thing for now since I am currently working on the second chamber Statues?

Also, I altered some lighting in the first chamber ( /warp Mellon ) to make it seem a bit gloomier than before, and with less torches.

And, I think we should refrain from having a million torches and a bit more hidden lighting behind Magenta Stained Glass, so we don't just pay attention to the torches but everything behind them too. One solution would be to have less torches, but mostly as accent pieces or use Redstone Torches as candles in some of the housing.

I can also set up some lighting with redstone if you guys would wish to feature some working light switches, some hidden doors, and things of that nature.

I am also entering that Contest thing, since I like doing mines.
There is a bunch of potential with them.

I am also entering that Contest thing, since I like doing mines.
There is a bunch of potential with them.
cool, were not using the hidden lightning cause were building undestroyed moria. officialy you are not part of the project yet but ill add you to the builder list :D have fun with 2nd hall

It's just the 2nd chamber, the one right after you warp to Mellon, so I don't know. if that is actually considered the 2nd Hall.

And also, I was thinking of doing hidden lighting so you don't see the torches. I think those take your eye away from the more important stuff..

Gentlemen... Just a thought... The point (I think Fireinferno) made about cluttring threads kind of applies here. When you have communication among known team members in a project, maybe use the "Start a Conversation' option. Then add all participants to the conversation also click the check box so that at later dates if another joins the team you simply add them?

Posts that are for the general community are no problem tho