• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Movies, Shows, and Trailers

We just saw Godzilla and The Amazing Spiderman 2 last night, and I gotta say, they weren't bad.

But I don't like how they are going with the Spiderman franchise. (spoilers ahead, but join in the discussion, I guess)
Rhino in a mech suit . . . with guns..
Electro, the one that used to be that lighting-strike-masked yellow and green guy turned into a total overpower bad*ss.
The possible death of Harry Osborne, then breaking off a large amount of story they could have harnessed.

md6MapF.gif

Most likely massive spoilers ahead about X-Men: DoFP.
Highly recommended that you only read after you watch it, or if you have no real intention of watching it.
This was most likely the most beautifully constructed movie that I have seen in forever.
The director took such a chance brutally murdering Blink, Bishop, Bobby, Colossus, TWICE, but it just showed how terrible the Sentinels were, which is a great thing to see.
I love how the ended up sending back Wolverine. Kitty Pride was originally sent back, but she wouldn't have been alive at the time if you make her character in the X-Trilogy go back 30 years.
Having Wolverine have only his bone-claws left him vulnerable, leaving him as a story element, not an action-hero.
The whole concept of the alternate timeline was greatly shown, getting across to even the thickest of people.
Blink, who was a Town-Portal Spell in X-Men Legends 2: Rise Of Apocalypse, was so bad*ss.

Bringing Warpath, pretty much a respawn of Thunder Bird, was actually pretty cool even though he wasn't exactly incredibly powerful.

Bishop, Dreads + Power = Death, could easily be in another X-Movie because he was so cool and his power is pretty interesting.

Sunspot, however, was kinda a failed Mutant. In the comics, he took power from the sun, turned jet-black (like a sunspot) and grew strong and powerful. He wasn't Sunfire, or the Human Torch. He was just another strong-man.

Colossus, smashed in and torn apart, didn't have as much of a part as some would've wished, but he was still pretty cool (Portal mechanics FTW).

Bobby Drake, AKA Iceman, was kind of dumb (iced over the door at the end, making it brittle against sharp/blunt objects), but he was kinda needed.
Now, onto the last part of the movie (after credits, video shown by @Fireinferno13 ).

For those who do not know, that is Apocalypse.
He is known as the first mutant, born blue and left in the sands of Ancient Egypt.
In the future, he grows more powerful with his Four Horseman, which have varied tremendously with each time.
I mean, Death was [Avenging] Angel, and he was also Wolverine, and a couple of others.
He is a very formidable foe.
I would recommend playing X-Men Legends 2: Rise Of Apocalypse (PS2) for the story, and for some awesome gameplay.

I really enjoyed Days of Future past. But i do have some complaints about the movie in general, as well as some things they've been doing with the recent xmen movies in general.

For one, i don't like how they introduce these really cool characters, have them on screen for 5 minutes, and then have them dissapear. I understand they need time to develop the main characters like Charles and Erik and Logan and Raven. But i wish they would carry on more with some of them. Like Quicksilver. He was on for maybe 15-20 minutes, and had that really awesome scene in the Pentagon, but then he just disappears; they could have at least had him tag along and keep us laughing or something. I felt similar with Gambit in X-men origins (although that movie is a whole other discussion). And kind of the same with Darwin in First Class. imo, it would be cooler to see more of characters like the above mentioned, as well as Blink, and Colossus rather than just watch Charles and Erik bitch at each other, and Logan get his ass kicked.

My second issue is that the story line was a little boring. It kinda felt like a movie i'd watched before. Go back in time to prevent robotic Apocalypse world (terminator anyone?). And i also felt like i could kind of predict most of the things that were going to happen. Maybe it's just a cynicism I've built up over the years, but it felt like just another action movie, not something particularly amazing, truly clever, or even profound in any way. But again, that's just me being a cynic.
That being said, it was enjoyable, and worth the money to go see.

I really enjoyed Days of Future past. But i do have some complaints about the movie in general, as well as some things they've been doing with the recent xmen movies in general.

For one, i don't like how they introduce these really cool characters, have them on screen for 5 minutes, and then have them dissapear. I understand they need time to develop the main characters like Charles and Erik and Logan and Raven. But i wish they would carry on more with some of them. Like Quicksilver. He was on for maybe 15-20 minutes, and had that really awesome scene in the Pentagon, but then he just disappears; they could have at least had him tag along and keep us laughing or something. I felt similar with Gambit in X-men origins (although that movie is a whole other discussion). And kind of the same with Darwin in First Class. imo, it would be cooler to see more of characters like the above mentioned, as well as Blink, and Colossus rather than just watch Charles and Erik bitch at each other, and Logan get his ass kicked.

My second issue is that the story line was a little boring. It kinda felt like a movie i'd watched before. Go back in time to prevent robotic Apocalypse world (terminator anyone?). And i also felt like i could kind of predict most of the things that were going to happen. Maybe it's just a cynicism I've built up over the years, but it felt like just another action movie, not something particularly amazing, truly clever, or even profound in any way. But again, that's just me being a cynic.
At the same time, though, this alternate timeline is considered holy ground.
Even having Logan go back in time (instead of Kitty Pride) was a risk.
Truly, I am content with the decisions and I am glad that they ran with Logan to show that he isn't JUST an action element (since he got none).

Days of future's past was really really good. The sentinels looked really great. I only wished there where more future scenes, there wasn't that many of them. I've grown to not care how comic accurate it was. lol (The original comic version was also really good, cause its the original)

The post credits scene for X-Men, all together now, everyone nerdgasm

That's right, aliens nor man built them.....En Sabah Nur

In response to this,

The point of introducing the random characters and not developing them ie Quicksilver, Toad, Spike, Havok, etc was to set things up for the next movie. All of these characters are important either for X Factor, the original X Men, or the Brotherhood run by Magneto, so I think this was an attempt to draw some continuity between the films. As for the future characters, its hard to develop a future plot line that is to be erased when you have so much else to deal with.

In terms of the plotline, it actually stayed reasonably true to the comic book plot line other then mixing some characters around etc which, in my opinion, is alright. I agree that the plot isnt necessarily something unique, but I think they did a good job with what they had.

I saw Edge of Tomorrow last night,

It was honestly much better then I was expecting, good action sequences and actually quite witty at times. I would suggest seeing it even if you dont really like Tom Cruise cus he does a good job in this film

It was honestly much better then I was expecting, good action sequences and actually quite witty at times. I would suggest seeing it even if you dont really like Tom Cruise cus he does a good job in this film

I have been wanting to see this. Glad you thought it was good.

I've been wanting to see this, but I wanted to make sure it's gonna be more than just a 2-hour long action sequence. Good to hear.

I've been wanting to see this, but I wanted to make sure it's gonna be more than just a 2-hour long action sequence. Good to hear.
I mean, it kinda is to a degree. But it keeps it interesting for sure in the variation and intertwined. You should still go into the film expecting an action packed movie, just now expect it to be worth your movie ticket :)