• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

My Agenda

Hey MCME,

Thanks a lot for all the congratulations. I'm still overwhelmed with emotion but slowly I manage to get to work. @q220 described the tasks of a Head Developer here already. But I would like to give you some more information about my interests and plans. So here is my agenda:

In rp development I will work closely with @BWOT. As Head Designer the visual appearance of blocks and which blocks to use are his responsibilities. I will support him with models and blockstate files and will keep overview of used/free blockstates. I also want to continue @Finrod_Amandil's great work on a unified resource pack structure and custom inventories for all resource packs. Aside from creating Mordor rp my first task in rp development will be the Gondor rp merge. Finrod already did a lot of preparations, but will take me a while to get into the details.

In plugin development I want to continue what Finrod and I have begun: To push the borders of vanilla minecraft clients for more creative possibilities. The upcoming mc 1.13 update will probably require a lot of changes of all the trickery we did so far. But I guess it will also bring us many new possibilities: With the block id limit gone, Mojang developers will hopefully create tons of new blocks. So I will try to prepare for MCME update to 1.13 as soon as possible.
Second goal of my plugin development will be to entertain and strengthen MCME community. I want to add more games to Minigames plugin, e.g. playing Golf with an orc head maybe (thanks for suggesting @LegoCellist). Also I'm a great fan of role playing and hope we will manage to create some at MCME. Also I think it's quite sad the PvP server is rarely used. I hope to find a way to make it more available.

I'll work hard to make MCME better than ever. To me this foremost means to improve your experience so don't hesitate to give feedback and make suggestions. For new plugin features please use the Suggestions and Issues Submission Forum for new textures and models please use the Texture Suggestions Thread. For discussions Discord is good, but unfortunately I tend to forget the results quite quickly. :p So once you are content with your suggestion, please post it on the forum to make it more persitent. There is a long list of suggestions already and we are only a few active developers. So if you have some coding skills (Java) and are interested in helping with plugins, send me a pm ;)

-Eriol

Last edited:
Hey MCME,

Thanks a lot for all the congratulations. I'm still overwhelmed with emotion but slowly I manage to get to work. @q220 described the tasks of a Head Developer here already. But I would like to give you some more information about my interests and plans. So here is my agenda:

In rp development I will work closely with @BWOT. As Head Designer the visual appearance of blocks and which blocks to use are his responsibilities. I will support him with models and blockstate files and will keep overview of used/free blockstates. I also want to continue @Finrod_Amandil's great work on a unified resource pack structure and custom inventories for all resource packs. Aside from creating Mordor rp my first task in rp development will be the Gondor rp merge. Finrod already did a lot of preparations, but will take me a while to get into the details.

In plugin development I want to continue what Finrod and I have begun: To push the borders of vanilla minecraft clients for more creative possibilities. The upcoming mc 1.13 update will probably require a lot of changes of all the trickery we did so far. But I guess it will also bring us many new possibilities: With the block id limit gone, Mojang developers will hopefully create tons of new blocks. So I will try to prepare for MCME update to 1.13 as soon as possible.
Second goal of my plugin development will be to entertain and strengthen MCME community. I want to add more games to Minigames plugin, e.g. playing Golf with an orc head maybe (thanks for suggesting @LegoCellist). Also I'm a great fan of role playing and hope we will manage to create some at MCME. Also I think it's quite sad the PvP server is rarely used. I hope to find a way to make it more available.

I'll work hard to make MCME better than ever. To me this foremost means to improve your experience so don't hesitate to give feedback and make suggestions. For new plugin features please use the Suggestions and Issues Submission Forum for new textures and models please use the Texture Suggestions Thread. For discussions Discord is good, but unfortunately I tend to forget the results quite quickly. :p So once you are content with your suggestion, please post it on the forum to make it more persitent. There is a long list of suggestions already and we are only a few active developers. So if you have some coding skills (Java) and are interested in helping with plugins, send me a pm ;)

-Eriol
Ru going to take over Fin's ticketting system?