• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

New player books

SkyDrago101

Dirt Conaisseur
Credits
XP
So I'm not sure if this has been suggested already, but I'll say anyway:
When a new player completes the new player quiz, and are transported to Bag End, they should have the Book of Warps, along with a book listing some different things they can do, placed into their inventory as opposed to being in a chest at Bag End.
Reason: because a lot of players skip past that chest not realizing it contains the warp book, and the new book would be so they know about /fly /helper map /plotsquared and /discord along with discord roles, and it would also talk about jobs, and tours.
This would not go to in depth about such things, as we want people to actually be speaking in chat, and being a community, but this will help them with some of those simple questions most everyone has :)

~Skydrago101

Last edited:
Good idea! I believe I might have seen something like this on the forums somewhere, but it hasn't been visited in a while. It could also explain to new players the restrictions of their buildings when it talks about jobs, and it could talk about plotsquared. It could also mention what Commoner is, how to get it, and what it allows you to do as well as give you the link to the forums. There are a lot of commands that it could give you as well!

I have a question, who would organize this? It doesn't matter just wondering

I have a question, who would organize this? It doesn't matter just wondering
Could be anyone with command permissions, I don't know. If no one wants to right the books then I'll write it ;) but other than that I'm not aware of anyone who has the permissions to do so. Maybe a guide, or manager, or developer ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1668820394789.png

Could be anyone with command permissions, I don't know. If no one wants to right the books then I'll write it ;) but other than that I'm not aware of anyone who has the permissions to do so. Maybe a guide, or manager, or developer ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Good idea, it doesn't really matter who writes it as long as someone does, in fact you could start writing it if you wanted and then give what you wrote to someone who could actually implement it

I can't see any reason against adding more books. Creating new books should be coordinated with the Guides though.

Main issue could be to find someone to write the new books. Books are handled by dynamic-books plugin from Quazor:
GitHub - MCME/mcme-plugin-dynamic-books: Dynamic Books for MCME
It requires some work to understand how to create new books but it doesn't require any permisisons. If anyone is interested, just send me a DM on Discord.

Last edited: