• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Resolved New Player with Connection Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElevenRegens

Is going on an adventure!
Credits
XP
Hi all - I'm a new player looking to explore the server. I joined and went through the quiz with no issues. I then walked forward until teleported to Bag End, where I explored for 5 minutes or so, with occasional Timing Out. I then tried to rejoin while running 1.16.5 (I was running 1.17.1) to see if that fixed the timing out, however now when I run any version of the game, I spawn at the end of the quiz area just before the teleport to Bag End, and when it tries to teleport me, it shows this error:

Could not connect to a default or fallback server, please try again later:
io.netty.channel.AbstractChannel$AnnotatedConnectException

It shows it every time the game tries to teleport me, and then eventually I time out of the server. I'm marginally competent techwise, but not enough to understand what's going on. Any ideas from anyone on here?

Thanks ~

Status
Not open for further replies.