• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Nitato_ Artist Application

Nitato_

Is going on an adventure!
Credits
XP
Date joined?: Around Early January 2016 - I know this wasn't long ago, but I really want to build and help more than just one or two jobs a day.

Jobs you participated in?: Quite simple things too be honest, tree root fixing, decorating river banks and building farm fields. I have also helped in quite a few road building jobs.

Some screenshots of builds I made:

full

full

full

^ A LoTR inspired project of a camp, I may expand this to many regions. I used the Eriador Pack
full
^Entrance to a survival base on my server
full
^Halloween build, the inside is an empty room
full
^"Pink House" I got bored, and it turned out OK. (The pink wasn't intentionally planned)
full
^Cottage in Single Player
full
^River Bank in Fennas Drunin I worked on recently.
full

full

full

^Theme Build. Theme: Floating Log Inn (Screenshots are slightly out of date - I have a added minor details)

I build a lot of styles, but I like (and am better at) rustic houses and the interior of rooms. I enjoy Gondorian and Rohirric, as the human houses can be similar to rustic designs.

I would be extremely happy to be accepted, because I love the concept of this server, and I love exploring, however my favourite thing to do is to participate in builds, even when there are no jobs, would be amazing and seeing builds I helped with in the world would be really cool.

Last edited:
Thank you for your application! I would like to give you some tips on what you can do to increase your chances to get accepted.

Please include the pictures you uploaded to the media gallery at your application post above, its quite uncomfortable without links. Additionally you could place the pictures in spoilers, so we can look at them one by one, like this:
full

Most interesting for us are screenshot of your themed builds to see your skills with our texture packs. Your houses already show a good wall structure with pillars in front and the main wall in the second layer. But they all need a lot of more details. Try to make more wall decorations, many details like crates, paintings, tables, chairs, carts, paths... and use more diverse materials. Half of your floating log plot is flat and empty, you surely can do that better: Make nice terrain everywhere in your plot, add a small stream and some more trees (try the /get logs command to get six sided logs, great for trees).

When you have new builds add more screenshots to your application above. Make a few of every build to show more details. Please also reply to this thread with something like 'update'. This will make us notice your new screenshots.

Aside from themed builds you can improve your chances to get Artist by helping with >>jobs and plotbuilds<< as you already did. Try to stay very active with jobs. When you finished a task for a Designer, remember to ask the Designer to give points to your application as described >>here<<.

Thank you for your application! I would like to give you some tips on what you can do to increase your chances to get accepted.

Please include the pictures you uploaded to the media gallery at your application post above, its quite uncomfortable without links. Additionally you could place the pictures in spoilers, so we can look at them one by one, like this:
full

Most interesting for us are screenshot of your themed builds to see your skills with our texture packs. Your houses already show a good wall structure with pillars in front and the main wall in the second layer. But they all need a lot of more details. Try to make more wall decorations, many details like crates, paintings, tables, chairs, carts, paths... and use more diverse materials. Half of your floating log plot is flat and empty, you surely can do that better: Make nice terrain everywhere in your plot, add a small stream and some more trees (try the /get logs command to get six sided logs, great for trees).

When you have new builds add more screenshots to your application above. Make a few of every build to show more details. Please also reply to this thread with something like 'update'. This will make us notice your new screenshots.

Aside from themed builds you can improve your chances to get Artist by helping with >>jobs and plotbuilds<< as you already did. Try to stay very active with jobs. When you finished a task for a Designer, remember to ask the Designer to give points to your application as described >>here<<.
Update :)

Sorry I have not replied any earlier!

I had a look ar your Themed Build, here's some feedback on it:
You show that you have a good eye, and many good ideas for details, at least on the outside of the house it looks like it; I was really a bit surpised when I went inside and saw the inn is almost empty :) You can well imagine a bar a bit like IRL: Pretty stuffed, lots of (small) tables and chairs, and of course a counter where you can get your drinks. Additionally to an inn you have a few small hotel rooms (One is a bit too few!). This leads me to the main issue with your TB: It is too small! Be a bit bolder and make the things bigger!