• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Resolved No mods online

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegionGuerilla

Dirt Conaisseur
Credits
XP
DISCLAIMER : Some readers may be offended

Recently, I've noticed that the chat easily gets out of hand when there are no mods online to mute or ban people. It is extremely frustrating to have to sit idly by while people make racist and discriminatory remarks in the chat. This is coming from someone that has to teach and listen to teenagers all day for a living. Is there any way that we can do a better job of either ensuring a mod is online or grant more people the authority to mute people?

This was from AFTER asking @Jimmythepig multiple times to keep his language appropriate for all (no swearing, etc.)

2019-07-24_19.50.15.png
As well as making jokes about Jewish, also commenting about black people as a "joke"

Last edited:
DISCLAIMER : Some readers may be offended

Recently, I've noticed that the chat easily gets out of hand when there are no mods online to mute or ban people. It is extremely frustrating to have to sit idly by while people make racist and discriminatory remarks in the chat. This is coming from someone that has to teach and listen to teenagers all day for a living. Is there any way that we can do a better job of either ensuring a mod is online or grant more people the authority to mute people?

This was from AFTER asking @Jimmythepig multiple times to keep his language appropriate for all (no swearing, etc.)

View attachment 14197As well as making jokes about Jewish, also commenting about black people as a "joke"
You can report players anonymously - anonymously for a reason - on here: https://www.mcmiddleearth.com/forums/report-something-anonymously.29/.
I'm not sure if that one comment was bad enough for enforcement to act, that's not up to us.
On another note, you don't need kicking, muting or banning power to tell somebody to stop being a jerk.

Btw a fun fact: Tolkien actually linked the Dwarven culture to Jewish culture. Not on the note of greediness of course. Jimmy probably did not know that though.

You can report players anonymously - anonymously for a reason - on here: https://www.mcmiddleearth.com/forums/report-something-anonymously.29/.
I'm not sure if that one comment was bad enough for enforcement to act, that's not up to us.
On another note, you don't need kicking, muting or banning power to tell somebody to stop being a jerk.

Btw a fun fact: Tolkien actually linked the Dwarven culture to Jewish culture. Not on the note of greediness of course. Jimmy probably did not know that though.

As I said, it's not based on this one comment. This is the culmination of listening to this guy use profanity and vulgar language for over an hour in chat. From the start, I asked him to stop and be respectful of everyone in the chat. I actually had people DM me asking me to either mute, ban or 'deal' with him in some way. Obviously, as a Commoner, I had to tell them I could not do anything.

Thanks for the info!

Of you need to contact a moderator at any time then please use the /report command in game. If you see any mods or valar online on discord too then send one of us a message.
Hi,

So i have just tested this ingame and get this, not sure that command works for everyone Smaug.

1564070515613.png

- Gadge

As I said, it's not based on this one comment. This is the culmination of listening to this guy use profanity and vulgar language for over an hour in chat. From the start, I asked him to stop and be respectful of everyone in the chat. I actually had people DM me asking me to either mute, ban or 'deal' with him in some way. Obviously, as a Commoner, I had to tell them I could not do anything.

Thanks for the info!

Moderators cannot be online all the time so none of us noticed this. Next time please tell a moderator on discord instead and we will try to come online when it is possible too. Also if you have any more evidence of what the player in the screenshot was saying then please srnd it to me and I will see what action needs to be taken.

Hi,

So i have just tested this ingame and get this, not sure that command works for everyone Smaug.

View attachment 14198

- Gadge
@Eriol_Eandur Could you please check that everyone has permission to use /repor

Would it be possible to give all staff access to basic commands such as /kick and /mute for instances like this? I agree with LegionGuerilla that I do not think we are properly staffed with moderators at the moment, or at the very least players that can step in when situations like this arise. I have also encountered a couple trolls recently and I think its silly that even with multiple staff on we don't have anyone with perms to handle a problem even temporarily. Especially given the current volume of players.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.