• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Finished North Ithilien

Is Cred...

• a fishy fishy fish.

Votes: 77 84.6%
  • a human being.

Votes: 14 15.4%

• Total voters
Please can we please please please finish this? Like this week?
j0wVvGpjZRrgr.png

Who has claimed what:
A - done
B - claimed
C - CLAIM ME
D - done
E- done
F - done
G- done

Last edited:
Uh hey there...
I know resurrecting old threads is like the cardinal sin of forums, but this seemed like the most appropriate place. I was looking at Ithilien today and it seemed ... different? It looks like the biome got changed somehow. I remember it being a lot greener, but now the biome in most places is giant_tree_taiga, which has a yellowish dry look similar to coastal areas like Anfalas and southern Lebennin. Certified Old Member[SUP]®[/SUP] greglas thought it looks weird too.
I assume this is intentional, because I can not think of any way it could have happened by accident due to updating the server or something. Also, the few screenshots I can find appear to have normal green grass. In this case, I would ask the build staff who did this, and I would protest that decision. Looking back at the descriptions Fire included in his original post we are told Ithilien is a fair country with a moist but shielded climate. I would add too a reference to "long launds of green grass" from Bk IV Ch 7. To my mind, these point to a lush and verdant landscape, i.e. not yellow-green grass but bright green. Now, I am sure part of the reason for this choice was that we have come to value the dappled biome effect, something that was uncommon in 2014. But we could still have that in Ithilien without making the grass and leaves look so dead! The grass colors of forest and plains differ, and forest oak leaves are greener as well. Snowy tundra is another possibility, sharing the grass color of plains but most of the leaf colors of forests (I am not sure which is a better choice for oak leaves, but changing the grass would at least diminish the yellowness of leaves). I hope that if people are already spending time in Ithilien reworking terrain for Henneth Annun, you will consider this request.

Another thing that seemed off is that I thought there used to be more flowers and more types of flowers. I was wondering, could something have happened with one of the block conversion plugins, or when we updated to a minecraft version with more flowers (@Eriol_Eandur)? Or perhaps I am just misremembering.

Southern Ithilien also has a majority taiga/giant_tree_taiga biome now, and I think that it too used to be green like northern Ithilien. I will not post in those threads for the sake of only reviving one ancient relic, but in addition because I don't think the change looks as bad in that region where there are fewer trees.
@barteldvn @TotiGonzales and @BWOT in case it predates the other two

Uh hey there...
I know resurrecting old threads is like the cardinal sin of forums, but this seemed like the most appropriate place. I was looking at Ithilien today and it seemed ... different? It looks like the biome got changed somehow. I remember it being a lot greener, but now the biome in most places is giant_tree_taiga, which has a yellowish dry look similar to coastal areas like Anfalas and southern Lebennin. Certified Old Member[SUP]®[/SUP] greglas thought it looks weird too.
I assume this is intentional, because I can not think of any way it could have happened by accident due to updating the server or something. Also, the few screenshots I can find appear to have normal green grass. In this case, I would ask the build staff who did this, and I would protest that decision. Looking back at the descriptions Fire included in his original post we are told Ithilien is a fair country with a moist but shielded climate. I would add too a reference to "long launds of green grass" from Bk IV Ch 7. To my mind, these point to a lush and verdant landscape, i.e. not yellow-green grass but bright green. Now, I am sure part of the reason for this choice was that we have come to value the dappled biome effect, something that was uncommon in 2014. But we could still have that in Ithilien without making the grass and leaves look so dead! The grass colors of forest and plains differ, and forest oak leaves are greener as well. Snowy tundra is another possibility, sharing the grass color of plains but most of the leaf colors of forests (I am not sure which is a better choice for oak leaves, but changing the grass would at least diminish the yellowness of leaves). I hope that if people are already spending time in Ithilien reworking terrain for Henneth Annun, you will consider this request.

Another thing that seemed off is that I thought there used to be more flowers and more types of flowers. I was wondering, could something have happened with one of the block conversion plugins, or when we updated to a minecraft version with more flowers (@Eriol_Eandur)? Or perhaps I am just misremembering.

Southern Ithilien also has a majority taiga/giant_tree_taiga biome now, and I think that it too used to be green like northern Ithilien. I will not post in those threads for the sake of only reviving one ancient relic, but in addition because I don't think the change looks as bad in that region where there are fewer trees.
@barteldvn @TotiGonzales and @BWOT in case it predates the other two
A lot of the biome colours we did using biome mixing got messed up during our conversion to 1.15. This is due to a new hard coded way minecraft blends biomes, basically ruining any possibility of proper biome mixing like we had. We'll quite likely need to redo large portions of the areas we biome mixed before the 1.15 update to make sure they look nice again. I hope that this will be again easily be possible once FAWE is updated and working for 1.15.