• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

In Progress North of Mordor

Updates! I think all of us have been somewhat busy irl but here is what has been going on.

Emyn Muil/Dead Marshes Prep - I have finished the terrain southwest and west of the marshes. @Tyranystrasz is working on the streams leading into Nindalf, as they were far too large and somewhat poorly constructed. @mattlego appears to be almost done with the northern section (this section required some redoing in order to accommodate Frodo and Sam's trajectory).

Thank you to everyone who participated in the Dead Marshes TB! We have definitely gone through and checked them all out, there were some really interesting concepts that I look forward to adapting to the new Mordor RP in the future.

No-man Lands - @mattlego and I will be taking the lead of this subproject. @Patrick_0901 may also help out with either this project or the eastern Mordor terrain as he learns how to use his newfound voxeling powers. @Finrod_Amandil since we do not have a complete Mordor pallet of textures yet, the two of us will focus on just the terrain, creating shallow slopes leading up to the Black Gate. Vegetation and detail will be added later once we sort out the RP.

Dagorlad/Black Gate - This has been planned out but will be tackled down the road, unless there are any staff that are dying to work on it right now and have the time.

Love you babe

Update the main post!

Dead Marsh Prep -
@mattlego and I have finished the terrain between the Emyn Muil and the Dead Marshes. Looks pretty great if I do say so myself. The last thing will be matt and/or foremen will run some small stream jobs leading into the marshes. The marshes themselves are ON HOLD until we develop a full Mordor RP and concept.

Tyr's Streams - @Tyranystrasz is working on the streams leading into Nindalf, as they were far too wide for what is depicted on the maps. He is also working on laying out the Entwash delta and coming up with a new concept.

Noman Lands - @mattlego and I (and perhaps @Patrick_0901 ?) will now turn our attention eastward in order to create some rolling slopes up to Mordor. Please note that for now we will only be focusing on the terrain itself, textures and vegetation will be added once the Mordor RP is completed.

Black Gate/Dagorlad - still on hold