• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Official announcement regarding the recent bans

Except these memes were never shared with the community, which is the point. They were shared completely outside of MCME jurisdiction or knowledge, or at least it would have been the case if @KinkySauron didn't take it upon himself to be the white knight and betray his friends. There was one offensive meme in particular that I didn't even see on the Discord but that I heard about after the bans, but it was removed from the Discord because the ones who saw it thought it went too far. Once again, all this happened outside of this "family-friendly" community, so your point makes no sense.
I completly agree with you @yomama629 . Particulary about the ""family-friendly" community".

why did you pick and choose us, without actually knowing who made them. Why not ban everyone on the discord server?
I waited a little while to give @DynoDaring a chance to answer as he was in the end making the decision while I wasn't directly involved, but I will tell you what I know: Uneasily I have to tell you that the reason you three were picked was, as I was told, that you three were the most likely to be may have been responsible for the Facebook pic. At that point thanks to @Delmana for his elaboration on why the edited pics are so dangerous for him. That severity was why such a decision was made. I know, and I apologise very very deeply, your bans were at last unreasoned and after all very very offensive and I dare say most likely including quite some prejudice.

I havent got the answer of you yet @Eaglz24, whether you'd be okay to clear up this specific case publicly or not, so I'm sorry if you didnt want to have it in public. But at this point almost everything has been said, so I'll just go ahead and sum up and finish this off right here:

The ban of @Eaglz24, @yomama629 and @kisos was issued after a discussion @DynoDaring, @mandolore100 and @Delmana had. The discussion was initiated after a private, non-MCME Discord chat was leaked to said Enforcers. While they were talking about whether the topics talked about are in any way problematic (after all downloading the map was mentioned, and also Delmana was personally attacked or at least heavily critisised), an picture fell into the hands of the Enforcers. It was taken from Delmana's private Facebook account and edited to assumingly make him look like a pedophile. As Delmana has laid out in his statement, this is very dangerous for him, as for his job his online presence is closely investigated in. This picture lead Dyno to the decision to ban three members being part of that Discord chat as there was a large likelihood of the two things being connected.

After the ban, the banned have reacted in various ways. The only notable thing imo is however that Eag was critizing the decision in a very aggressive (in lack of a better word) manner, especially he created a video in which he personally attacked some MCME members.

Here's my honest opinion, taking all facts that have been opened to me by now in consideration, and as Dyno asked me to resolve this case I will use my opinion for the "final judgement" if you want to called it like that.
  • While I know very well that it is a common practice of employers to check out their employee's Facebook, I did not reckon with that in Delmana's specific case it would be this severe. Because if it would not be like that, it would have been highly unlikely someone from Deleman's IRL contacts would find the edited picture. But as he has to reveal his username among other things to his employers, the chances are rising sharply.
    My point however is, that we cannot expect that anyone reckons with such an image being that much of a hazard.
  • There's not a single clue, expcept the timing of the Discord convo and the pic's release, that any of the banned had anything to do with the picture's creation.
  • After the ban, all the banned were left in the dark. Even more, not even I was contacted about it, even though a Designer was involved. Furthermore, afaik, no investigation was done to rectify the ban, such as finding out who is the creator of the Facebook pic after all.
  • The ban had absolutely no benefit, it did not prevent the banned from continueing what they may have been doing.
Given these points I can conclude that with very high chance (as we still do not know the creator of said picture) the bans were after all altogether not justified and furthermore, given they were said to be a "precaution measure", no further investigations were made and the banned were not properly informed.

As a final and more justified "judgement" I will now proceed to unban all of you, without you having to appeal the bans. All of you will get the rank of Commoner, given Eag openly resigned and I think yomama somewhat implied it. But if you still are interested in getting your former ranks back (kis Artist, yomama Guide, Eag Designer) I will grant you that wish without any special objections.

All left to do is deeply apologize. It's hard to ask for forgiveness in this very case as I personally think it was just incredibly bad. I do want to state nevertheless that it was in the envolved (Head) Enforcers best intention when they issued the bans. But it's unforgiveable that the case was pretty much just dropped after the bans, instead of proper informing and investigating. The actions done after the bans were partly very despicable, but I got to say the reactions were relatable.

I would be incredibly delighted if anyone of you can still find some motivation to log back onto the MCME server. I know it's incredibly hard and I respect that it was said that some of you did leave MCME behind for good. But I would be very thankful if you reconsidered that decision, now or somewhere in the future.

And then, this bit:
On what grounds did you ban my forum account for precautions?
I honestly don't know, I didn't know myself until you told me, that's something @DynoDaring or @q220 has to answer.

I hope that with this all open questions are answered, if not, feel free to ask. Sorry to Dyno that I could not find many points to back you up, if I have missed anything, please seize the opportunity to weigh that in.

I waited a little while to give @DynoDaring a chance to answer as he was in the end making the decision while I wasn't directly involved, but I will tell you what I know: Uneasily I have to tell you that the reason you three were picked was, as I was told, that you three were the most likely to be may have been responsible for the Facebook pic. At that point thanks to @Delmana for his elaboration on why the edited pics are so dangerous for him. That severity was why such a decision was made. I know, and I apologise very very deeply, your bans were at last unreasoned and after all very very offensive and I dare say most likely including quite some prejudice.

I havent got the answer of you yet @Eaglz24, whether you'd be okay to clear up this specific case publicly or not, so I'm sorry if you didnt want to have it in public. But at this point almost everything has been said, so I'll just go ahead and sum up and finish this off right here:

The ban of @Eaglz24, @yomama629 and @kisos was issued after a discussion @DynoDaring, @mandolore100 and @Delmana had. The discussion was initiated after a private, non-MCME Discord chat was leaked to said Enforcers. While they were talking about whether the topics talked about are in any way problematic (after all downloading the map was mentioned, and also Delmana was personally attacked or at least heavily critisised), an picture fell into the hands of the Enforcers. It was taken from Delmana's private Facebook account and edited to assumingly make him look like a pedophile. As Delmana has laid out in his statement, this is very dangerous for him, as for his job his online presence is closely investigated in. This picture lead Dyno to the decision to ban three members being part of that Discord chat as there was a large likelihood of the two things being connected.

After the ban, the banned have reacted in various ways. The only notable thing imo is however that Eag was critizing the decision in a very aggressive (in lack of a better word) manner, especially he created a video in which he personally attacked some MCME members.

Here's my honest opinion, taking all facts that have been opened to me by now in consideration, and as Dyno asked me to resolve this case I will use my opinion for the "final judgement" if you want to called it like that.
  • While I know very well that it is a common practice of employers to check out their employee's Facebook, I did not reckon with that in Delmana's specific case it would be this severe. Because if it would not be like that, it would have been highly unlikely someone from Deleman's IRL contacts would find the edited picture. But as he has to reveal his username among other things to his employers, the chances are rising sharply.
    My point however is, that we cannot expect that anyone reckons with such an image being that much of a hazard.
  • There's not a single clue, expcept the timing of the Discord convo and the pic's release, that any of the banned had anything to do with the picture's creation.
  • After the ban, all the banned were left in the dark. Even more, not even I was contacted about it, even though a Designer was involved. Furthermore, afaik, no investigation was done to rectify the ban, such as finding out who is the creator of the Facebook pic after all.
  • The ban had absolutely no benefit, it did not prevent the banned from continueing what they may have been doing.
Given these points I can conclude that with very high chance (as we still do not know the creator of said picture) the bans were after all altogether not justified and furthermore, given they were said to be a "precaution measure", no further investigations were made and the banned were not properly informed.

As a final and more justified "judgement" I will now proceed to unban all of you, without you having to appeal the bans. All of you will get the rank of Commoner, given Eag openly resigned and I think yomama somewhat implied it. But if you still are interested in getting your former ranks back (kis Artist, yomama Guide, Eag Designer) I will grant you that wish without any special objections.

All left to do is deeply apologize. It's hard to ask for forgiveness in this very case as I personally think it was just incredibly bad. I do want to state nevertheless that it was in the envolved (Head) Enforcers best intention when they issued the bans. But it's unforgiveable that the case was pretty much just dropped after the bans, instead of proper informing and investigating. The actions done after the bans were partly very despicable, but I got to say the reactions were relatable.

I would be incredibly delighted if anyone of you can still find some motivation to log back onto the MCME server. I know it's incredibly hard and I respect that it was said that some of you did leave MCME behind for good. But I would be very thankful if you reconsidered that decision, now or somewhere in the future.

And then, this bit:

I honestly don't know, I didn't know myself until you told me, that's something @DynoDaring or @q220 has to answer.

I hope that with this all open questions are answered, if not, feel free to ask. Sorry to Dyno that I could not find many points to back you up, if I have missed anything, please seize the opportunity to weigh that in.
Seems fair to me....hopefully we can all at least partially move on from this unfortunate event.

yo what about like
freedom of speech and that crap
Hush, the only substance to your post is that it is antagonizing at best. Freedom of speech is not equivalent to you can say what you want without consequences. If you would like to go into the real world thinking otherwise lol good luck m8.

Hush, the only substance to your post is that it is antagonizing at best. Freedom of speech is not equivalent to you can say what you want without consequences. If you would like to go into the real world thinking otherwise lol good luck m8.
what is freedom though

how do snakes make babies?
does god exist?

Thanks for turning this thread into /s4s/ mate

To @Finrod_Amandil, I thank you for your last post which clarified a lot of the questions we still had about this whole situation. I want to make it public knowledge that I had a Discord conversation with @Delmana today in which I apologized to him for singling him out when he didn't make any decision alone and for the fact that the meme in question was ever created by one of us (I didn't see said meme myself but I know for a fact it existed at one point and was deleted because members of our private Discord chat thought it went too far). It was certainly never the intention of any of us to mess with anyone's personal life, which is why we never posted the memes anywhere outside of our private chat.

We still take exception to the way we were treated but since you've apologized extensively, unbanned us, and plan on having a meeting to address how to change the way in which the server handles these issues in the future, I think it's time for us to show gratitude for you doing so and to hope that we can help MCME return back to normal. A lot of us probably have parted ways with MCME for good, but we certainly want to help this server regain what made us want to be members of the community in the first place.

I also want to thank you for proposing to repromote me to guide, but @DynoDaring and I agreed to me being demoted prior to any of this even happening since I was inactive on the server for two months (I actually returned a day before I was banned, ironically). I don't think I'll be pursuing guide rank again in the future, it's a lot to commit to a video game when I have so much else going on in my life, but thanks anyway.

Looking forward to this weekend!

yo what about like
freedom of speech and that crap
free_speech.png

To be clear, this image is in response to the question raised by greglas in general and not specifically to any MCME-related issues discussed in this thread.

When everyone suddenly becomes civil again and stops fighting:

ok yes a lil tipsy

"is this the real life, is this just fantasy..."

"yomama, ooooooh, didnt mean to make you cry!
If I'm not back again this time tomorrow, carry on, carry on
nothing really matters" because its just an LOTR minecraft server...

Last edited:
"La liberté s'arrête où commence celle des autres", this is a sentence said by Voltaire, a philosopher of the Enlightenment in France.
Its meaning is : "The freedom ends where the freedom of others begins".

So, when people say : "No racism !" Of cours, I agree with them. When he say : "No political opinions", I can understand, because that would create conflicts.But when people say : "No advertising !" I can't understand. Is it prohibed to say that a other server has awesome build and we should have a look at this, I don't think so.

Keep in mind this wise words.

But when people say : "No advertising !" I can't understand. Is it prohibed to say that a other server has awesome build and we should have a look at this, I don't think so.

Keep in mind this wise words.

Every rule has a reason and this one is no exception: There's a reason why people find their ways onto MCME, and there's a lot of advertising effort behind it. Further more MCME offers the technical possibilities and the people to rather quickly learn various skills, i.e. how to build well. If now someone messages all Artists and tells them about a much less famous server, he is exploiting these efforts MCME's members had for his own good, without MCME having anything from it, except potentially less members that wander off. That's the reason behind the advertising rule. Such and other things will be explained in that "ToS explained" document I want to assemble asap.

Furthermore I hereby announce the promised meeting: It will take place this Friday evening (sorry for the short notice), from 1pm EDT to about 3pm EDT (= 6pm BST, 7pm CEST, World Clock & Time Converter)
I got the confirmation that @DynoDaring and @Credoo will be available around then, me myself will only be able to join quickly tho, I'm busy all evenings this weekend. For those who can't attend at this point: I should be avaible on Sat and Sun on european morning and early afternoon as well as late evening. Hit me up if you have any unresolved questions you'd like to chat about.

As for how this meeting will go down: There's no concrete agenda, it's solely about the recent bans and what is behind them. So, it would be appreciated if there's some questions you have to answer. Else I guess Dyno can just retell the cases from his perspective.

After the last staff meeting I promised that the next "staff" meeting will be public. I still want to do that, this meeting is not this public "staff" meeting.

I will not be attending the meeting and would like my questions awnsered here by a member of the enforcement.