• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

[Official] MCME Derp Report Thread

This is in new player world:

Question: What is one of the requirements 2nd degree oathbreakers have to meet to regain their rank?

Choices:
  • Wait 7 days
  • Repair any damage caused
  • Walk to a designated location set by a bounder
Correct choice currently: Repair any damage caused
Doesn't it say "What ISN'T one of the requirements..."?

well if we're looking at typos in the new player world, one of the signs underneath the button to start the quiz says "wrong answer will temporarly lock you out"
in the 4th question, the first word isn't capitalized
the issue dse brought up was in fact his misreading it
these are kinda little but may make us look better to newly-joined thralls
there are some other things that i deemed too little or unnoticeable

Doesn't it say "What ISN'T one of the requirements..."?
well if we're looking at typos in the new player world, one of the signs underneath the button to start the quiz says "wrong answer will temporarly lock you out"
in the 4th question, the first word isn't capitalized
the issue dse brought up was in fact his misreading it
these are kinda little but may make us look better to newly-joined thralls
there are some other things that i deemed too little or unnoticeable

Its "What is not one of the....", I made the not into caps and bold. Imo its not the idea to fool the new people by trick questions so its preferable to make the questions as easily comprehensible as possible.
Fixed the other derps, also changed Q220 to q220

Things look weird south of Rivendell.
2oHbuvY.jpg

YISNT74.jpg

m2NpMzT.jpg

Not so much a derp, but a mistake:

The statue of Helm Hammerhand at Helm's Deep should not be carrying a warhammer. He was actually called Hammerhand because he fought barehanded. A large warhammer like that is incorrect both to the books and to the movie (the movie statue only had a small hammer).

Source: http://lotr.wikia.com/wiki/Helm_Hammerhand
Made hammer smaller (shorter)

Things look weird south of Rivendell.
The first pic i'll leave for now as the Misties will be having revamp sometime anyway and everything will be covered in sand sometime.
Fixed the other two

Thx for posting, keep em derps coming!

Been poking around Bree for reasons, and I've found a fairly large amount of housing derps, which mostly seem like they were copy errors from moving the builds over to the new server. Chests facing the wrong way, missing furniture-type paintings, a few missing pressure-plate tabletops, possible missing beds, the whole works. I'm not sure it'd be all that efficient to try and screencap every single one, or even that I'd have the free time to do that, so I wonder if it'd be better to set up a more systematic sweep of the whole town.

Found a few problems in Lothlorien.... one of which might not actually be a problem.
Pretty sure the floor designs shouldn't be visible from outside.
5EBRJAt.png

The fence in the doorway looks odd, but may be intentional.
UhFuABG.jpg