• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

[Official] MCME Derp Report Thread

Wool floating in midair in the middle of nowhere:

There shouldn't be any live crops here. These houses are totally ruined:

Only the left side is a bakery. Right side is a weapons shop:

Needs door:

Trapdoor is on wrong side of block (makes ladder unusable) and not flush with the floor:

Someone forgot to change the grass under the inverted stairs. Looks odd.

Random black block that doesn't fit in with anything else:

Last edited:
Wool floating in midair in the middle of nowhere:

Only the left side is a bakery. Right side is a weapons shop:

Needs door:

Trapdoor is on wrong side of block (makes ladder unusable) and not flush with the floor:

Someone forgot to change the grass under the inverted stairs. Looks odd.

Random black block that doesn't fit in with anything else:

the thing is almost none of theses matter because osgilaith is going to get mauled and there wont be doors and things like that anyway.

Remnants of crops can still grow wildly in an abandoned field; I think that was the intended effect there. Heck, every year our little vegetable garden gets one or two random tomato plants from tomatoes that fell the previous year.

7nEjtXR.png

On the walls at Isengard. One block is out of place.

Remnants of crops can still grow wildly in an abandoned field; I think that was the intended effect there. Heck, every year our little vegetable garden gets one or two random tomato plants from tomatoes that fell the previous year.
Yeah this is true, once went to an old abandoned house. In the remains of the vegetable garden there were still a few hardy cucumber plants surviving.

@WardenWolf
You do know what this thread is about right? Derps, not miniscule mistakes in very unnoticable building structures. The minas tirith thing, I can't tell what's wrong with it and it doesn't seem like something we need to fix.
The osgiliath stuff, I don't know if you noticed it but we're ruining it. It's not done. Don't clog this thread up with stuff that is not yet done.

Try to focus on significant derps like the hollow straight line through the bridge you showed me. That's a real voxel derp that is hard to find. Stuff like that is what this thread is intended for and it's super nice that you found that.

Not if there is a trapdoor on the wrong side of the block because the ladders are blocked by one tenth of a block and there isn't a passage through. If we have to fix all that, we might just redo the entire map again.

@WardenWolf
You do know what this thread is about right? Derps, not miniscule mistakes in very unnoticable building structures. The minas tirith thing, I can't tell what's wrong with it and it doesn't seem like something we need to fix.
The osgiliath stuff, I don't know if you noticed it but we're ruining it. It's not done. Don't clog this thread up with stuff that is not yet done.

Try to focus on significant derps like the hollow straight line through the bridge you showed me. That's a real voxel derp that is hard to find. Stuff like that is what this thread is intended for and it's super nice that you found that.

Not if there is a trapdoor on the wrong side of the block because the ladders are blocked by one tenth of a block and there isn't a passage through. If we have to fix all that, we might just redo the entire map again.
Imma disagree on one point here

I would rather have people point out what they think are derps rather then those derps not being reported at all

That being said, reporting derps on something that is a wip is a bit excessive :)

I would assume Warden knows this, but for others it wouldn't hurt to say:
For minor derps (weird stairs, single block issues, etc.) try to get an artist (or maybe staff member) to fix it first, only put it here if absolutely everyone is too busy or no one is on who can.

Not so much a derp, but a mistake:

The statue of Helm Hammerhand at Helm's Deep should not be carrying a warhammer. He was actually called Hammerhand because he fought barehanded. A large warhammer like that is incorrect both to the books and to the movie (the movie statue only had a small hammer).

Source: http://lotr.wikia.com/wiki/Helm_Hammerhand

This is in new player world:

Question: What is one of the requirements 2nd degree oathbreakers have to meet to regain their rank?

Choices:
  • Wait 7 days
  • Repair any damage caused
  • Walk to a designated location set by a bounder
Correct choice currently: Repair any damage caused