• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

[Official] MCME Derp Report Thread

I'm not sure it's actually a derp, as it may be still wip... But the area around Rivendell, which has a different biome to get a browner grass, in my opinion changes too abruptly. This is specially noticeable in the rivers, as in the Bruinen fords in the picture, where one side of the river is completely green and the other completely brown. I would suggest a smoother transition between the biomes, or at least keep the line of change a little bit further away from the rivers. But as I said before, this could be still a wip subjected to change...

rb1WPs1.png

get optifine, turn on smooth biome transitions :). but I agree that it's strange how the land north of the river is still bright green (plains?) while the south side with the high moors is jungle.

^this refers to not only the ford of bruinen as in the picture above but also the river (idk if it has a name) that goes out of rivendell

Last edited:
I'm not sure it's actually a derp, as it may be still wip... But the area around Rivendell, which has a different biome to get a browner grass, in my opinion changes too abruptly. This is specially noticeable in the rivers, as in the Bruinen fords in the picture, where one side of the river is completely green and the other completely brown. I would suggest a smoother transition between the biomes, or at least keep the line of change a little bit further away from the rivers. But as I said before, this could be still a wip subjected to change...
I plan on finding a way to make smooth biome transitions with voxel, theres no "official" way to do that and I fear its quite tricky and arduous. I wanna add some more biomes to the Drimill Dale (and then the rest of the misties) to make it look a bit nicer, am not satisfied yet ;)

get optifine, turn on smooth biome transitions :). but I agree that it's strange how the land north of the river is still bright green (plains?) while the south side with the high moors is jungle.

^this refers to not only the ford of bruinen as in the picture above but also the river (idk if it has a name) that goes out of rivendell
The river flowing through the Ford of Bruinen is called.... Bruinen.

On the lothlorien pack the river basin still produces a particle effect, i believe its the redstone one. I have a few pictures of it. By the rope bridge in lothlorien
Bwmv1Ua.png

GgcHUxH.png

Someone else fixed the bagend tree, and I fixed a lot of the trees around entmoot

That was me :)

There are a lot more of these trees all over the forest. Couldn't someone just fly around fangorn and change the logs via voxel?

Default logs are not "wrong", not everything in the world has to be 6 sided. And because i'm not Credoo i didn't try a size 100 replace brush, i did it with smaller brushes and of course missed some stuff. That being said.
#Fangorn Revamp 2015 #BurnItAll #FukDaEnviroment
But seriously we should've removed all the trees and redone the forest entirely in the first place, but whatever, at least the ents looks cool.

Some derps:

Derpy water:
1415146266-2014-10-05-19-30-07.png

Random wool block in Osgiliath:
1415146371-2014-10-28-16-49-05.png

Arrow stucked in the Deeping Wall:
1415146345-2014-11-02-07-20-31.png

Some dirt in Forochel (also, underwater snow is pretty strange):
1415146377-2014-11-03-21-04-29.png

Some leftover wool, north of Lake Nenuial:
1415146357-2014-11-03-20-56-36.png

One too many wooden slab in one of the Emyn Beraid towers (also, can I ask why two of them are still on a floating grass square?):
1415146363-2014-11-05-00-58-39.png

Not really derps but suggestions:

Hornburg. Adding a path here would be defensively way more interesting!

Same zone (just next to the latter), also, there is no real way to get to this chest without jumping. I suggest to convert the selected block into stairs:
1415146283-2014-10-22-16-52-28.png

Still Hornburg, still in a defensive perspective, what about adding gates to the second rampart?
1415146322-2014-10-22-16-54-54.png

1415146325-2014-10-22-16-54-24.png

Aldburg. In my opinion, it would be better if these two little buildings of the gatehouse were accessible (with a window in the middle), cause the building looks like it hase been build for it:
1415146344-2014-10-22-17-00-14.png

About Rohan in general, I noticed that the roofs of Edoras have been updated from wheat (on the old map) to straw blocks but not the other settlements (pictures: Aldburg, but the same everywhere else). Why?
1415146312-2014-10-02-00-09-17.png

1415146296-2014-10-05-04-22-13.png

Still about Rohan, I think the gates of Edoras and the Hornburg should be opened or half-opened (like all the gondorian ones) instead of being pierced with a little door, cause it doesn't look good (the first picture is next my two latter suggestions for the Hornburg, the others are the main gates (and I didn't check if Edoras has other gates)) :
1415146326-2014-10-22-16-56-04.png

1415146334-2014-10-22-16-54-16.png

1415146358-2014-10-22-16-59-24.png

@Bombur8
I'm sure we all appreciate your derp finding (I do at least), but please remember that only worked on areas are really important; I doubt anyone is going to care that much about fixing places we haven't even touched yet. (I'm referring to your issues with forochel and the white towers).
Also, it was a deliberate choice to use wheat-and-dirt roofs instead of thatch everywhere in rohan except for edoras. It's not really a matter of updating but a style/design choice.

I'd agree with you that we should fix the gates though, and the first suggestion regarding Helm's Deep (@staff). About the addition of gates, though, someone ought to check lore first.