• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

[Official] MCME Flower Texture Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fireinferno13

One Of Us, One of Us
Commoner
Credits
XP
2657322.jpg

(@Calusifa )
Hey guys,

So with the forums wipe, we lost all this purty flowers and plants that people submitted as they never made their way to github.

So!

I ask that if you made a flower texture submission for either Rohan or Eriador, please do one of the following:

• Post a link to a downloadable copy of your texture
  • OR upload it directly to github (@meggawatts if ya wanna linky linky that shtuff)
If you did not submit anything for the original submissions process and magically have one now, feel free to post it here as well :)

Thanks,
Fire

(People who I remember submitting stuff off the top of my head: @Fornad @wheelleee @MattTheLegoman @wodleth other people...)

This may not be the right place to put it, but what happened to the gondor trailer submissons? They still gonna happen?

This may not be the right place to put it, but what happened to the gondor trailer submissons? They still gonna happen?
I believe @Fornad is looking for an editor for that as their trailer seemed to be the main one. That being said, anybody is welcome to submit a Gondor trailer

They are recoverable....too laaaZZZZ to recover them :p
Thats a real bummer that you are choosing to be lazy rather then make the simple act of recovering your textures to be, potentially, permanently implemented into the MCME resource packs. Not sure where that logic makes sense so I would only suggest that you reconsider.

There is a problem. Which flowers should go in? My flowers currently take up these spaces:
  • flower_allium - Heather I (for clumps)
    • perfect for places like the Ettenmoors, it is great for large patches and clumps
  • flower_blue_orchid - Orchid
    • a beautiful flower, should be used sparingly to add beauty to a little natures wildflower garden
  • flower_oxeye_daisy - Rivendell Rock
    • this come out from a discussion we were having about the white rocks leading up to Rivendell, this doesn't need to be used however, we need to be accurate
  • flower_paeonia - Fern
    • since we are missing ferns
  • flower_tulip_pink - Heather II (for single)
    • this type of heather is better suited for smaller patches or as singles
  • flower_tulip_red - Anigozanthos I
    • these flowers are perhaps better suited for use in a future resource pack covering the Harad or Rhun
  • flower_tulip_white - Anigozanthos II
    • these flowers are perhaps better suited for use in a future resource pack covering the Harad or Rhun

I can remove the flowers not needed for the Eriador resource pack (like the Anigozanthos and the Rivendell Rock and I think prefer Fornad's single heather) and then I can resubmit.

The available flower/plant spaces I have not used are:
  • flower_houstonia
  • flower_tulip_orange
  • double_plant_fern_bottom & double_plant_fern_top
  • double_plant_grass_bottom & double_plant_grass_top
  • double_plant_paeonia_bottom & double_plant_paeonia_top
  • double_plant_rose_bottom & double_plant_rose_top
  • double_plant_sunflower_back & double_plant_sunflower_bottom & double_plant_sunflower_front & double_plant_sunflower_top
  • double_plant_syringa_bottom & double_plant_syringa_top

And once the issue with the flowers has been sorted I can get to work with taking requests for more flowers - all I can remember was lavender & a grasstree. People have been using many of these flowers in the Build World. And they are just vanilla flowers that they are using. MCME will benefit with a better Build World Artist to Texture Artist communication. Get it to work please staff. plz.

The staff need to choose which of all our flowers should be going into the pack.

Here is what I am thinking at the moment, though this is subject to change and I will talk it through with the valar/dags when we have all the textures compiled into one place on github:
  • I am thinking of dropping the Anigozanthos textures, I was never quite sold on these though it would be great to keep them as resources for the future
  • Maybe use fallen's flower for the white tulip? Cus I happen to still have that
j81enLzt1kNiN.png

• Replace Matt's Heather II texture with Fornad's Heather
  • Add wod and wheelee's textures

Cool - I'll sort out my stuff tonight and resubmit.
My list so far:
I will also be supplying the original .svg documents for the HD resource pack artists to create their own textures.

You can edit them; at the moment dulling them is a pretty small fix, not one worth re-uploading to imgur :p
High Moors flower:
Q3mvTV5.png

birch sapling:
v09uc1C.png

High moors stone:
Gp86jHT.png

I have a few others, but they really suck....I'll give you the podzol too, it technically classifies as a plant-like object
top:
as2ftCG.png

side:
qsJZjCx.png

Cool - I'll sort out my stuff tonight and resubmit.
My list so far:
I will also be supplying the original .svg documents for the HD resource pack artists to create their own textures.

Editing a repository in a browser is a skill I do not have yet (I don't think this is possible, even though all I have to do is delete a few files in my branch). So I was not able to do this at the time I said I would.

I am sorry my college uses proxy internet and I do not have the money to buy data usage for my computer to tether internet off my phone. I have asked someone else to let me borrow their connection for this afternoon so I can use the GitHub application and then resubmit my textures. They were for Eriador only, correct?

I wish to submit them myself, I have stated before that desired to do that. Scooby has gone ahead and submitted them, to all the resource packs, however there is a mistake in the placement of the fern and I also do not know if he got the latest versions or where he got them from (because I do not upload textures again on Imgur for tiny pixel changes).

Once my textures have been merged into the Eriador pack then I encourage other people to edit them and I can supply the original .SVGs and .XCFs.

I wish to submit them myself, I have stated before that desired to do that. Scooby has gone ahead and submitted them, to all the resource packs, however there is a mistake in the placement of the fern and I also do not know if he got the latest versions or where he got them from (because I do not upload textures again on Imgur for tiny pixel changes)....
Fire sent me the textures and asked me to make the pull requests. If there are errors, they can be easily corrected. :)

Editing a repository in a browser is a skill I do not have yet (I don't think this is possible, even though all I have to do is delete a few files in my branch). So I was not able to do this at the time I said I would.

I am sorry my college uses proxy internet and I do not have the money to buy data usage for my computer to tether internet off my phone. I have asked someone else to let me borrow their connection for this afternoon so I can use the GitHub application and then resubmit my textures. They were for Eriador only, correct?

I wish to submit them myself, I have stated before that desired to do that. Scooby has gone ahead and submitted them, to all the resource packs, however there is a mistake in the placement of the fern and I also do not know if he got the latest versions or where he got them from (because I do not upload textures again on Imgur for tiny pixel changes).

Once my textures have been merged into the Eriador pack then I encourage other people to edit them and I can supply the original .SVGs and .XCFs.
Again, my apologies for the mix up. I figured it makes more sense to replace the default fern with your brand new fern as it is far nicer.

Otherwise I talked to some other staff and we thought it made more sense to simply have one person submit all the textures at once, not out of spite for the others who has submitted the textures themselves, but rather to simplify the processes as much as possible. Since scooby is a developer, it was suggested that I send them to him to make the official request, though I alternated between the two of you for a while before finally hitting send. Hopefully you do not take offense to this as that was not my intention, it was simply for the matter of simplicity as a whole. I will be sure not to do this in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.