• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

OriF

LastWhiteWolf

Expert Stream Digger
Credits
XP

i goined the server in 11/5/2016
jobs: building rouds and hoeing

i made it by myself
i like building every stile
and i like building houses and castles

i want to be an artist because i alwais wanted to build middle earth and now i got the chans

Last edited:
Thank you for your application! I would like to give you some tips on what you can do to increase your chances to get accepted.

Please don't post more than one application. When you have more screenshots to show, add them to your post above here. When you do, please also reply to this thread. Just say "update" or somthing like that. It will bring your application on top of the long application list and will make us notice your update. I don't think you can delete your second application, but you could ask an Enforcer to delete it for you.

I will not write much about your two screenshots, as I already explained a lot yesterday. Only two point I would like to repeat.
First try to make nice structures: pillars, arches, beams ... and always use a second main material to fill the wall one level behind the pillars. Look around at the main map to get an idea.
Second try to fill empty areas. Outside you could make trees, small streams, bushes, paths, flowers,.... Inside you can make tables, chairs, floor patterns...

Aside from themed builds you can improve your chances to get Artist by helping with >>jobs and plotbuilds<<. When you finished a task for a Designer, remember to ask the Designer to give points to your application as described >>here<<.

You can click at 'Edit' at the lower left of your post above.

Yes I saw it, but I'm late with feedback, sorry.

The structure of your mill is quite nice, but the materials look a bit messy to me. You are using materials with the same texture (dark oak and spruce wood planks) for the roof and the rotating blades for example. Also you placed some solitary stone stairs in the wooden walls. Try to use the materials more ordered. One or two materials for the roof, two other materials for the walls. Of course you should use some decorational blocks with special patterns or variations of the main material, but don't overuse them.
The lower story of the mill is made of wood and upper story of stone which looks quite unrealistic to me. I believe usually wood is used for upper parts as it is less heavy.
The surroundings of your mill look quite emtpy and unfinished, there is no path to the mill and no vegetation around. Try to make a lot of nice details. There could be a cart with flour sacks for example.

You don't need to remove old screenshots from your application post. You may do so of course but I think it will show your improvement better when your old builds are still there. Consider to use imgur galleys or spoilers to show more pictures without making your post too long.

Hey OriF,
Your wall and bridge you posted on wednesday look very flat. You should always use pillars in front of the main wall as I explaind in my first post above.
That last screenshot is a nice improvement. He house is much better than your first try.
Just one detail: two wide windows are very uncommon at MCME except for very large windows of palaces. We usually use one block wide and two blocks high windows.
The wall around the field is detailed nicely. The data values of the crops could vary a bit more. Also the terrain of the field looks a bit too steep for a field imo.
Keep practising ;)
I'm looking forward to further improvements.

Nice mill. Could be improved with some more wall details (try to use stairs or/and fences). The wheel will look much better with stairs too ;)

Now a logic thing for the wheel: Why would the constructor of this wheel use two different wood types for it? Of course it has to be screwed together (or whatever) from several pieces, but I think it would make more sense to build it all from the same resource (unless its two resources with significant differences, e.g. wood and stone, but not wood 1 and wood 2)