• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Accepted Orruss' Artist Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orruss

Designer
Staff member
Designer
Supporter
Credits
XP
Date Joined: January 16th 2014

Jobs:
  • Moria West Gate Stairs - Mixing + Detailing - Mershy + ConfusedLlama_

Plotbuilds:

Themed-Builds:

Additional Builds:

Interests:
Interested in Gondorian and Dwarven Designs, Terrain occasionally, depending on the type. At the moment, Mostly Dwarven. I'm currently planning the Dwarven Forge Plot in Themed-Build. I enjoy building Ships and Castles the Most. Massive Citadels and Palaces are what I've built mostly in the past 2 years. I also enjoy building 'Scale' models (Within the possibilities of Minecraft) as well as recently delving into Anatomy and building animals, so far only doing an entire Dragon alone and helping with a Raven build in a Personal Multiplayer Server.

Motivation:
I just enjoy building. I sometimes make it more difficult for myself, but it's part of a process of building I've developed over time and enjoy building, i.e: My Harlond Plot has no hollow areas below ground, and I enjoy filling those in and carving into them if needs be. I joined MCME back in early 2014, participated in a couple of plot builds, the last being the Balrog build in 2016. and left in the middle/later half of that year. Coming back a couple of weeks ago, I've missed being on the server and participating more in the builds, interacting/meeting with new players. I've missed a few Jobs either because I was concentrating on my Plot or simply working. But I'm striving to do more Jobs on the Server. I firmly believe I could contribute more, as an artist, if given the chance to be one.

Last edited:
Hey Orrus

You have a very diverse and interesting application here. I think what you're doing right now is perfect for improving your skills further (doing both your own stuff eg. Themed Builds and jobs/plots).

Dwarven Forge
- Overall looks really good.
- Usually we don't use lava etc for gorges, but in this build it does add to the atmosphere, maybe a bit too much towards the end where you make a huge river of it.
- Good block choice, simple details which are appropriate for a forge/workshop area. Would be cool to get a bit more variation in colour, by for example making the floor a different block mix and/or the ceiling
- Could have a little additional detail, seeing it is not abandoned. (Carts, stools, storage, tools, construction?...)

Update 13: Minas Tirith Gate Animation (Done with w0rldunder) - After researching, I discovered the gate doesn't open all the way to the top in the Trilogy (Not generally feasible anyway) Suggested to have the gate open up to the archway's starting corner!! New Retractable Hinge Design proposed by myself!!

Status
Not open for further replies.