• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

"Pardon My French" A cursing thread

Personally, I don't mind swearing. However, when someone swears constantly, it lowers my opinion of their intelligence considerably. I guess that's mainly because of steryotyping. The smarter people that I know (myself included, honestly:p ) use little or no swear words. However, I would also say that it's because using a swear word in place of a more "civilized" word pretty much says that your vocabulary isn't large enough to express your feelings without that swear word.

One thing to keep in mind, though, is that people invented languages and words for communication, so, in a sense, they don't even really exist. Yet, people will become very upset over something someone says, and might even kill themselves. It's kind of similar to this: if someone loses in a board game - which is something people made up - they aren't going to kill themselves. It's pretty irrational, in my opinion.

But it was the final straw supposedly, even though worse has been said by a large amount of players, yourself and other staff included.
It doesn't matter if people have said worse, they are dealt with differently and on a case by case basis. Wikey on the other had a large case file that has been filling up over the years and it was finally time to close it.

popcorn_yes.gif

But it was the final straw supposedly, even though worse has been said by a large amount of players, yourself and other staff included.
What, Wikey's banned? That sucks:(

Anyways, remember, bounders arent super-bots that can access reports and watch chat continuously. They can miss stuff because, well, their humans and humans make mistakes. Its not like every problem will be dealt with immediately.
Another thing (something that @Ghundra pointed out) is that Wikey (apparently) had sworn many many many times. This affected his ban because it depends also on Quantity than Quality of swearing. If someone says something extremely vulgar lets say 5 times and spread out, the Bounders can either warn, mute, or OB him (sometimes ban). Now if someone says rude things on a daily basis and insults other players even though what they said wasnt as vulgar as what person A said, they can receive a worse punishment because of the quantity of their swearing.
(Darn that was a mouthful)
Sorry if this comes off as a know it all explanation of the rules, because thats not my point.

What, Wikey's banned? That sucks:(

Anyways, remember, bounders arent super-bots that can access reports and watch chat continuously. They can miss stuff because, well, their humans and humans make mistakes. Its not like every problem will be dealt with immediately.
Another thing (something that @Ghundra pointed out) is that Wikey (apparently) had sworn many many many times. This affected his ban because it depends also on Quantity than Quality of swearing. If someone says something extremely vulgar lets say 5 times and spread out, the Bounders can either warn, mute, or OB him (sometimes ban). Now if someone says rude things on a daily basis and insults other players even though what they said wasnt as vulgar as what person A said, they can receive a worse punishment because of the quantity of their swearing.
(Darn that was a mouthful)
Sorry if this comes off as a know it all explanation of the rules, because thats not my point.
A know it all of the rules, yet still banned...

A know it all of the rules, yet still banned...
I was just elaborating on Ghundras post....
Also, do you expect i would submit another appeal before learning the rules super-extreme?
And im not trying to be a know it all. I just like to explain stuff for people to understand better because thats how i roll bro.

Last edited: