• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Finished Pelargir - Garth of Royal Ships

Small update.
  • New yellow plots have been made. If they have red wool in them they are ready to be started by artist+. Feel free to add or remove a bit from the layout to improve diversity among the houses.
  • New gardens have been marked (lime green wool) Artist can work on those after speaking with me and presenting an idea.
  • New blue plots have been made and are ready to be constructed during jobs.
  • New roads (brown wool) have been made. And are also ready to done during jobs or by artist.

Last edited:
To other jobbers on the job. If any of the staff are bored or have to many nagging adventurers on their hands, make a job and do some blue houses! They're really easy to do and you can link the guide of the forums on the job for job details and stuff.
Anyway just wanted to make sure everyone knows. Cheers

Pelargir Boat Build

wLKtOT4.jpg

The currently empty harbor

/mvtp plotworld, /warp Pelargir Boats

The royal port city of Pelargir is in need of some boats, and it's up to you to build them! These boats are divided into two categories: trade ships, and fishing boats. The trade ships will be pasted on the west side of the harbor, and the fishing boats will be pasted on the east side. These images should give you an idea of what we're looking for.

image003.jpg

4503170_orig.jpg

ships_fantasy_art_artwork_medieval_1920x1080_wallpaper_Art.jpg

ep5-fischer_opt.png

Knarr.jpg

As always, there are a few guidelines to keep in mind:
  • Before building, please claim your plot by placing a sign with your username on it
  • When you are ready for your boat to be checked, mark it with pink wool. I will then check it, and mark with feedback. If your plot is marked with green wool, it is good enough to be pasted into the harbor. However, we will narrow down this selection some, as the trade docks have not been planned yet.
  • If there are no plots open, just ask any staff to add more for you.
  • The sails should be furled on all boats, as they are at port.
  • As always, this build is open to all users Adventurer+.

If you have any questions, just ask any of the Pelargir project staff: myself, @Credoo, @wodleth, or @kisos.

Attachments

• wLKtOT4.jpg
    wLKtOT4.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 384
  • image003.jpg
    image003.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 782
  • 4503170_orig.jpg
    4503170_orig.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 903
  • ships_fantasy_art_artwork_medieval_1920x1080_wallpaper_Art.jpg
    ships_fantasy_art_artwork_medieval_1920x1080_wallpaper_Art.jpg
    369.6 KB · Views: 436
  • ep5-fischer_opt.png
    ep5-fischer_opt.png
    103.2 KB · Views: 670
  • Knarr.jpg
    Knarr.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 657
Last edited:
I forgot to include that all sails should be furled, since the ships are at port. It's in the main post as well.
Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. Have fun building!

Yellow plot Houses freebuild

r09I3dR.jpg

/mvtp plotworld /warp pelhouse

The yellow plots in Pelargir are now available to be build on in plot world. This means everyone adventurer + can help out. Make sure to have a good look at the guide before you start building. Mark your house with yellow wool when your done. Artist can still build the houses that have not been copy'd over inside Pelargir. If you have any questions ask any of the project staff or an artist to assist you.

Some stuff to keep in mind.
  • If you are an experienced builder you can vary the pillar placement a little but make sure you are not making it bigger then the yellow plot or the house won fit anymore.
  • The house needs to have 2 floors but in some cases a tower might be added or a 3rd floor.
  • You can use the different clay blocks to give your house a bit more color.
  • Yellow wool = Mark your house with yellow wool when you are done and want it checked.
  • Orange wool = need some minor changes
  • Red wool = big changes or start again
  • Green wool = House looks good and is approved
  • Blue wool = house is copy'd in Pelargir
Thank Wodleth for making the guide and so this freebuild possible.

Attachments

• r09I3dR.jpg
    r09I3dR.jpg
    349.9 KB · Views: 642
With a Colosseum/ theater building being a community based building would it not be better to place it in a more central location rather than up in a corner.
It's a community building but the community doesn't include those plebs outside the inner wall.

With a Colosseum/ theater building being a community based building would it not be better to place it in a more central location rather than up in a corner.

Wodleth and I tried to put it in other locations. But it did not really fit as nice anywhere else. Although I agree a bit with your reasoning most of the arena's in the ancient city's where build on the edge of city's because of how much space they took. They where either build in a park like amphitheaters or at the edge of a town/city.

Hey y'all! There's a new contest for the dome in Pelargir that you should participate in. Have a look HERE.

Wodleth and I tried to put it in other locations. But it did not really fit as nice anywhere else. Although I agree a bit with your reasoning most of the arena's in the ancient city's where build on the edge of city's because of how much space they took. They where either build in a park like amphitheaters or at the edge of a town/city.
Also they were built in corners because of the noise and all the dead bodies that were moved off. But is the rich district the right place for a huge noisy, stinky arena?

Well, in Rome, the arena was located right at the city's center.
yes, but it wasn't at the rich areas. Rich people lived upon the hills (also here in Pelargir) and the poor lived in the valleys, and the colloseum was there in the poor areas.

yes, but it wasn't at the rich areas. Rich people lived upon the hills (also here in Pelargir) and the poor lived in the valleys, and the colloseum was there in the poor areas.
It would make more sense, but you'd have to convince the designers to remove one of those huge buildings, or quite a few houses in the poor area.

Why have all the rich district been removed :) ?

I think wod went on a rampage. But I support his rampage.. I mean decision. The rich district was was getting messy. Huge houses, most where unfinished, all with huge windows and some where even dwarfing the palace. No changes on them even after repeated comments. Just a mess.

So ye we will retry and make it something awesome.

I understand there are some very tied up people on this project, but if one of the auxiliary staff could so much as look through the Pelargir house build I would be grateful. They are completely normal houses in a seemingly plain area, but it's been 2 months since anything has been done to either O.K. them or critique the builds. The last time this was done was a couple days after it opened in March, my first house was ported and none of the other two were commented on for improvement. The plots have been full for at least a couple weeks as well as the non-plots that should have been cleared long ago.

I apologise deeply for any disrespect. I wanted to wait until this freebuild was addressed for quite some time, but I think now it can be considered. I also am sorry if the business of doing all the other servery things has taken up free time to do so. Thank you for your time.