• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Potter_Boy_17's Artist Aplication

Potter_Boy_17

Dirt Conaisseur
Credits
XP
Hello! I am Potter_Boy_17. I joined the server during early 2015, and I have not participated in any jobs, but I have always been interested in doing so. Some things I am good at building are fortresses, house exteriors, and sewers, but I do not have a certain race/species style. I want to be an artist because I love LOTR, and am interested in learning more about it, as well as just having a good time building!

My screenshots are in my media: I couldn't figure out how else to put them up.

I thanks you for your time. Enjoy your days on Middle Earth!

P.S. I am really sorry if I put this in the wrong place, I don't know my way around the forums.

UPDATE:
Here are my screenshots:

Also, here is a quick bridge and house I made using the Moria texture pack (Its the only one I have downloaded). I made it under 45 minutes.

ANOTHER UPDATE: I did a job with Toey_ and Tyranystrasz; a farm in Anfalas near the warp MandosVillage. I also worked on the anfalasvillage job with Kisos. I did an exterior for the Meduseld theme build. It was not my best work, as it was not my area of expertise with building.

THIRD UPDATE: Sorry it took me so long, I wasn't on for a while. Here are some pictures of my theme build for Formenos.

Last edited:
Thank you for your application! I would like to give you some tips on what you can do to increase your chances to get accepted.

A link to your media would be nice. Alternatively you can put your images into Spoilers we can then look at your pictures one by one:
full
When you copy the picture url from the media you have to add ".../full" to get the link working.

The picture above shows very interesting terrain work, though it doesn't seem to be finished. Most interesting for us are builds which use the MCME resource packs as we want to see your skills using them. I suggest that you participate in some >>themed builds<<.

When you have new builds add more screenshots to your application above. Please also reply to this thread with something like 'update'. This will make us notice your new screenshots.

Aside from themed builds you can improve your chances to get Artist by helping with >>jobs and plotbuilds<< as you already did. Try to stay very active with jobs. When you finished a task for a Designer, remember to ask the Designer to give points to your application as described >>here<<.

Thank you for your application! I would like to give you some tips on what you can do to increase your chances to get accepted.

A link to your media would be nice. Alternatively you can put your images into Spoilers we can then look at your pictures one by one:
full
When you copy the picture url from the media you have to add ".../full" to get the link working.

The picture above shows very interesting terrain work, though it doesn't seem to be finished. Most interesting for us are builds which use the MCME resource packs as we want to see your skills using them. I suggest that you participate in some >>themed builds<<.

When you have new builds add more screenshots to your application above. Please also reply to this thread with something like 'update'. This will make us notice your new screenshots.

Aside from themed builds you can improve your chances to get Artist by helping with >>jobs and plotbuilds<< as you already did. Try to stay very active with jobs. When you finished a task for a Designer, remember to ask the Designer to give points to your application as described >>here<<.

Thank you for your suggestions! I am working on a themed build right now, and I will add a screenshot of it to my application once it is done.

UPDATE: I added more. Just as a question, and I won't be offended if you don't answer, but right now, what would you grade my score at?

Last edited:
Score is hard to say yet; best you participate in a weekly Themed Build (Themed Builds), there it's a bit easier to judge ;) Also with these you can really get used to and learn the MCME build styles.

Score is hard to say yet; best you participate in a weekly Themed Build (Themed Builds), there it's a bit easier to judge ;) Also with these you can really get used to and learn the MCME build styles.
Thank You! I have started an exterior for Meduseld, so you can check that out.

I also just made an exterior for Tirith Aear.

Last edited:
Please post screenshots of your builds here.
Reply to the thread to make us notice your update.