• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Resolved Question about Minecraft Education access

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slyder73

Is going on an adventure!
Credits
XP
I just joined and did a cursory look at the New User Guide, Wiki, and forum but did not see an answer for this.

I am wondering if the world, or version of the servers can be accessed through the Minecraft Education Edition?

I think Education Edition is very different. Isn't it a derivate of a very old version? So sady you'll probably not be able to join.

EDIT:
I just see it's based on Bedrock Edition, but that doesn't change anything. Bedrock Edition clients can't connect to MCME server :(

Thank you for the reply.
If this is something on your radar, having access for Education Edition would be a great addition.
I'm a teacher about to start The Hobbit with a class and would have loved to be able to walk the journey in this world with the class as we worked through the story. SOOO many opportunities here. Many school districts have Education Edition accounts for all their students.
But, I will be happy to explore on my own with my Java version.
Amazing work!!!!!

Thanks! :)
Yes, would be great to enable other Minecraft Editions to join. But it's hard, the Editions are very different from each other.
I just found a proxy under development to connect Bedrock Clients to Java Servers. May be worth a try when it's finished.
Btw you'll not find many Hobbit location. Actually no Hobbit locations east of Rivendell are built. We are still focused on finishing places from Lord of the Rings.

Status
Not open for further replies.