• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Quick Question about Rhun building

BALAL_GAMER

Is going on an adventure!
Credits
XP
Dear MCME staff (to whom it may concern)

Hey I'm Dylan, new to MCME but long time fantasy builder and major tolkien buff, I was wondering if I could do a build in my own game and send it to someone as a resume for the area. (I'm not sure where to put this) I wish to combine my knowledge of medieval history (specifically Sasanian, Seljuk and Abbasid) and LOTR to build the Capital of Rhun, and if it's good enough, I would like to build what part of Rhun I can. My idea is to build the capital of Rhun (sprung up around Sauron's fortress in the east) in my own game (palace of Khamul, temple of Sauron, walls ect) and send it to someone to see if I could become a builder for Rhun, even if I just build stuff in my own game before I copy it on. I feel like atm its an area no one cares about and therefore my part in it is low risk/low reward. If Building a city in my own game doesnt count as a resume then I won't bother that's why I'm asking before I start.

Last edited:
Dear MCME staff (to whom it may concern)

Hey I'm Dylan, new to MCME but long time fantasy builder and major tolkien buff, I was wondering if I could do a build in my own game and send it to someone as a resume for the area. (I'm not sure where to put this) I wish to combine my knowledge of medieval history (specifically Sasanian, Seljuk and Abbasid) and LOTR to build the Capital of Rhun, and if it's good enough, I would like to build what part of Rhun I can. My idea is to build the capital of Rhun (sprung up around Sauron's fortress in the east) in my own game (palace of Khamul, temple of Sauron, walls ect) and send it to someone to see if I could become a builder for Rhun, even if I just build stuff in my own game before I copy it on. I feel like atm its an area no one cares about and therefore my part in it is low risk/low reward. If Building a city in my own game doesnt count as a resume then I won't bother that's why I'm asking before I start.
Welcome to MCME Dylan. First of all I'm not a staff. But this is usually not the way the building process goes. After having been active on the servers, having done some jobs and theme-builds you can get commoner. Then you can apply for artist. The focus of the server is yet faar away from Rhûn, currently it's on Dol Amroth, Moria and preparing for Mordor. If you're really a good fantasy builder, I'm excited to see some of your works and see you gaining the artist rank and contributing creatively to the map.
But no, Rhûn is far away from our focus. Before starting on it we'd need terrain and textures. You could however always planning ahead for Rhûn with concepts and plans. I like your idea of Khâmul's palace for example. So I'm hoping to see some of your works!

thanks for the clarification, I'm probably gonna go for some builds of just the capital of Rhun (Probably near the Ered Rhunin and the sea) with the center being Sauron's old fortress in the East, now used as the palace of Khamul (The idea being that the easterlings settled around the fortress as it was the place of power of their god/king) with the building style reflecting a seljuk/Sassanian persian style. maybe a few stables and Araw kine farms too :)

thanks for the clarification, I'm probably gonna go for some builds of just the capital of Rhun (Probably near the Ered Rhunin and the sea) with the center being Sauron's old fortress in the East, now used as the palace of Khamul (The idea being that the easterlings settled around the fortress as it was the place of power of their god/king) with the building style reflecting a seljuk/Sassanian persian style. maybe a few stables and Araw kine farms too :)
It sounds like a really neat build. I am intrigued.

Hey Dylan, glad you have sparked interest in contributing to our community. This is not the usual way we get people asking to build. What you are suggesting sounds like a project. Designers in our community lead projects. Currently, our major focuses are Gondor and Moria. We next want to move onto Mordor. This probably won't include the Capital of Rhun however. We won't get to that area for a very long time. However, if you want to create a post for that area in jobs and projects which includes detailed info about the lore behind this area, some concepts that you can make in freebuild or on single player so that when we do; start this area. We can use your posts for ideas.