• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Resolved Quick question

Status
Not open for further replies.

forestsky02

Is going on an adventure!
Credits
XP
So... um I just registered ( a grand total of three minutes ago ), and I have a question
Is teleporting allowed on the server? or do I have to walk in order to get places? #iwanttoseerivendell

Hello and welcome to MCME!!
Haha, of course are you allowed to teleport! Just type in chat /warp [placename]

Have fun exploring!

just do /warp <placename> in game
for example to get to rivendell you would do /warp rivendell

For a handy reference do /helper map
to get a link to the server map which shows all warps.

Aah... I see now, one other question

what commands are newbies like me allowed?
Quite a lot actually, some useful ones might be:
1. /to [placename] (same as warp but a bit shorter)
2. /tpa [playername], telelports you to another player
3. /msg [playername], lets you have a private conversation with another player
4. /l, lets you talk in local which means that only the people close to you can hear you.
5. /fbt, gives you full brightness
6. /fly, sometimes you can lose the ability to fly (common when youre switching worlds) then do /fly to activate fly again.

You can walk, fly, or warp to different places on the map. If you do /helper map that gives you the URL to our Dynamap, that shows you all the warps you can visit as well as your location in real time.
If you do /warp list that shows you all the warps you can visit, then it's /warp list 2, /warp list 3 and so on.
There's footsteps leading out of Bagend that take you along the path of the Fellowship.
To see if there is a job running do /job check
To join a job do /job join jobname
If there are no jobs available but you're still itching to build you can try the theme build, you can start by typing /theme

Status
Not open for further replies.