• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Accepted Raffy's Limited World Edit Badge Application Thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raffyyy

Hardcore MCME-er
Credits
XP
Hello

My name is Raffy

I am currently an Assistant and have been so for about 2 weeks now. Before, I was a Guide and had been so since the 18th of March 2018.

I am fairly knowledgeable with the basics, knowing about Brush masks, defining regions, and using generation commands such as /sphere, /hcyl etc.

I also know Block IDs pretty well, so I wouldn't need to be constantly reminded on that front.

Generally, I would use World Edit for Guidebooks, as there are quite a few places (such as the towns in Dol Amroth, parts of Eriador) that you can't do using the normal way of creating Guidebooks, as you need to define 2 points.

Currently, @Arkengard is the only guide with World Edit, so asking him to do every guidebook that requires World Edit, on top of everything else he does, would be impractical as well as unfair on him.

World Edit would also be useful for other Assistant Duties, such as planning events.

Finally, it would be useful for any large scale derp fixing that may happen to occur.

I feel I wouldn't need any mentoring, but a few casual questions are bound to be asked, and I know who to speak to for them.

A sensible, mature player is somebody who displays calm, focused qualities in every situation, as well as a person who reacts on a justified and appropriate manor. They must be level headed, know rights from wrongs and know when to speak up. They also should be able to have a laugh, as well as be a funny, kind and generally well rounded as a player.

Thank you for reading, I look forward to your responses. :)

Last edited:
Ooh. I'd put if I were writing a command "1" or "minecraft:stone"

Does that pass the test? :)
2018-09-02_22.30.54.png

No.

I'll accept 1 as currently FAWE still works with old block IDs. I really hope they will keep supporting old IDs :D

But for native 1.13 plugins stone id is 22948. All block IDs seem to have 4 to 5 digits now so they are pretty much useless :p

I'll accept 1 as currently FAWE still works with old block IDs. I really hope they will keep supporting old IDs :D

But for native 1.13 plugins stone id is 22948. All block IDs seem to have 4 to 5 digits now so they are pretty much useless :p

Ahh well. 1.13 ids I'm not as familiar with.

That's not to say I'm not open learning :D

also raf, add atleast a basic portefolio (so basically copying and pasting shiz)

I like the idea of Raffyyy being able to help make purely Guidebooks. If he obtained the badge, that would be the limit of his usage of it - the Limited World Edit doesnt allow for selections large enough for the guidebooks. Not that I determine if he can get the badge or not myself, but if I could I'd give it to raffy :) I trust him not to use it in ways he's uncertain.

For Guidebooks it's probably better to give Guides in general perms for large WE selections.

So only allow them to use //pos 1 and //pos 2, not allowing them to use //set or any of those commands @Eriol_Eandur ? If that is the case I would say go for it! The matter changes however if he wants the other uses aswell, then you should have a basic portefolio (a limited WE portefolio is ez af).

So is this canceled? Or shall I give you the badge? :D now that Eriol changed guide stuff, and tbh can't all artists get //pos1 //pos2 to see like the amount of blocks, like I sometimes just just that for counting

Status
Not open for further replies.