• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Rank Changes Suggestion

Thanks a lot for these suggestions and the discussion ooits! I completely see your point that the minority of Guides and Enforcers are sometimes left out of the daily business of MCME as they can only contribute the building in a very limited way. But I do not think giving Guides unrestricted build permissions and have the ability to take over the easy Artist tasks if they want to. The main arguments in my opinion are:
  • It's unfair towards the Artists. The main reward of passing the Artist Application process is this unlimited building access, they do not gain a lot more perms beside it. And I am not making the application process easy at all, many applicants are having quite a hard time achieving the level I deem necessary. Guide applications may also be tricky on their own, but they also get a set of permissions and tools, which in the recent months was constantly expanded by various plugins.
  • Not all Guides want to build, and officially adding "simple building" to their set of tasks kind of makes people expect you will build something if you have nothing else to do, which may make those Guides that do not want to build a bit uneasy.
  • Guides CAN build, it's agreeably a bit less easy than as an Artist, but if a Guide really wants to build, maybe even more tricky things, he can ask for that and I deem the chance high it will be made possible. Technically it's no problem as most things can be done using the Plotbuild plugin. At this point a big sorry to @TI_020601 about my unsatisfying reaction to your request to lead CoL. My mind hasn't really caught up with the fact that Beat is mostly gone so I was a bit confused about the request. I'll message you soonish (probs later today) so we can discuss a bit about it!
  • There's other things beside leading Tours, Minigames and PVP that Guides can do. One is the organisation of events, sometimes on their own, sometimes with a higher rank included as overhead. I think most Guides are aware of that, but I'd just like to point out that they can announce and execute also events beside the ones that have become somewhat traditional. I know there have been multiple such events, but please note that you're not limited to keep this low and only announce it in the discussions are what not. Reach out to q or an Enforcer and Fireinferno to announce such new events on the main page of the Forums and on Facebook!

Furthermore I could think of other things Guides can work on over a longer time. I pretty much havent voiced this yet because I had no Guide asking for it it yet. One concrete thing I have on my ToDo-List is the questions for the quiz plugin. Some questions are derpy and those who play it more often may know many of the questions by now. If organized well, maintaining and expanding these questions could be something guides can easily work on also for a short time at once. There probably are other things Guides could take hold off.
  • If a Guide constantly wants to build really badly and still do the Guide things he should apply for Foreman!
Regarding Enforcers: Yes, things need to change and we are still working on it. But I don't think they should get a lot more transparent to the public, infractions are a naturally private matter. They will however have to be more transparent towards the infracting players, laying out clearly why measures have been taken and be open for objections. What we want to make more transparent however is which sorts of actions are counted as infractions and why they are considered not tolerable. The Enforcers are working on revised ToS and we also want to assemble a Guideline to the ToS, explaining the motivations behind the rules that may seem awkward at first.

Regarding Commoners: If the threshold to get promoted is generally seen as too high it would be easy to lower the amount of votes needed. Also, for some reason the rule was established that Adventurers should not ask for votes. I would lift this rule and instead say all those that can vote to only grant the vote, if you think this very player deserved it by being friendly and engaging in the server activities. Asking for votes simply to voice interest in getting the rank should be allowed. It would be a reminder for those who can vote to evaluate whether the player should get the rank or not. I believe the reason why it is hard to gain the votes is because people simply forget about that this is a thing.
I agree to this. I really want to get commoner and feel I am active enough, but I only have 2 votes (I have been on the server for 2 months)

I noticed that getting Commoner is quite hard sometime, I think we have to talk about this.

Anyway best way to get votes is helping with jobs and plotbuilds. Today is build day in Moria, there will be jobs all over the next week and next Sunday is build day in Dol Amroth. Try to catch some jobs ;)
(If you helped in a job for an hour or so, and don't get a vote afterwards the Forman or Designer might have forgotten to vote. In this case I'd say it is ok to ask kindly.)

I noticed that getting Commoner is quite hard sometime, I think we have to talk about this.

The more jobs there are, the more votes people get. There were a few Dol Amroth house building jobs over the space of a week not long ago (with Thomas and BWOT) , in which I went from 2 votes to Commoner in no time. Before that though there were very few jobs.

It seems that whether an Adventurer becomes Commoner or not is actually more in the hands of Foremen and Designers than the Adventurer themselves. I think this gives new members a good incentive to help with building, but it also means that if there are not many jobs people can get frustrated.

Luckily there are a lot of jobs in the Summer Events :p

Because there's not always an Enforcer on.
Very true TI but no offense, this is not something a non-staff member should have I think, I mean 90% of the time we have a designer (who can kick other players, not sure about mute but I think so) or an enforcer on and even if there is not there is usually one on in a very short while. A guide is a guide not a bounder or an enforcer, maybe with in tour chat there can be a mute or soemthing but idk if this is a good idea for the main chat.

@Eriol_Eandur Regarding Commoner one possible issue with achieving the rank is that votes expire after a time. I think it's around 30 days? Perhaps 60 might be better especially since summers players go on holidays with family (sometimes 2-3 weeks).

@TI_020601 I can understand your thoughts regarding /mute. As mentioned by @Tyranystrasz the Designers do not have access to it either. In any instance, it is preferred that if there are no Enforcers in game then PM them via discord.

Designers do have access to /kick and can use that provided a valid reason is given when kicking. I know occasionally Designers have been known to /kick players whether as a joke but this action is not to be abused. I would prefer to give Designers access in cases where Enforcers can't be reached.
FYI: Designers... /kick "playername" "Reason"
Giving it to Guides puts them in a more confrontational role they they should be in. (In my honest opinion)

yo can we get some more designers i never know what to work on without them telling me to build stuff

Also regarding commoner i feel like it should be made like it was back in 2014 when i joined where you have to forfill a requirement to get the rank, back then it was be on the server for 2 weeks , instead of that you can change it, to demonstrate that member appling that they take part in the community, so my idea for the commoner rank requirement is "help in 3 different jobs and join 2 different tours (name the guide / foreman or Enforcer who gave the tour and name the foreman or Designer who ran your job) and they can show like screenshot evidence of them being part of the jobs. I think something like this would be far more effective and would give foreman more players for jobs and guides more players for tours

Edit : you of course need to apply on the forums forgot to to mention that

@redbarron2022 would you say as a adventure these are realistic requirement that an adventure you could forfill and work towards compleating

Last edited:
Also regarding commoner i feel like it should be made like it was back in 2014 when i joined where you have to forfill a requirement to get the rank, back then it was be on the server for 2 weeks , instead of that you can change it, to demonstrate that member appling that they take part in the community, so my idea for the commoner rank requirement is "help in 3 different jobs and join 2 different tours (name the guide / foreman or Enforcer who gave the tour and name the foreman or Designer who ran your job) and they can show like screenshot evidence of them being part of the jobs. I think something like this would be far more effective and would give foreman more players for jobs and guides more players for tours

Edit : you of course need to apply on the forums forgot to to mention that

@redbarron2022 would you say as a adventure these are realistic requirement that an adventure you could forfill and work towards compleating
Maybe just two jobs and 1 tour and then three votes from above commoner members, cause tours are not often or jobs and you might see more complaints. And three votes is nothing, you can get one from the person doing the job or tour, however if they think you did nothing or a bad job you won't get it. However, just an after thought, maybe just three events, jobs or tours cause not everyone likes both and it can give people more choice.

Maybe just two jobs and 1 tour and then three votes from above commoner members, cause tours are not often or jobs and you might see more complaints. And three votes is nothing, you can get one from the person doing the job or tour, however if they think you did nothing or a bad job you won't get it. However, just an after thought, maybe just three events, jobs or tours cause not everyone likes both and it can give people more choice.

I think that's a good point. Maybe a couple more votes should be required though, since they're easier to obtain and show people want them to become commoner.