• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Realism Guides ideas

Why are you working on an interior guide tho? I already made on like a year ago, 17 pages long.
I didn't know that. I haven't seen your guide so where can I find it?

I just felt that since I'm quite good at making interiors (at least according to BWOT) I was thinking of sharing my thought process as well as tips, tricks and general guidelines in terms of interior layout, furniture, clutter and other decoration stuff. It's not a historical in-depth look at interiors but rather a quick guide to help make ones interiors more believable by encouraging people to put some thought into how they decorate etc.

I didn't know that. I haven't seen your guide so where can I find it?

I just felt that since I'm quite good at making interiors (at least according to BWOT) I was thinking of sharing my thought process as well as tips, tricks and general guidelines in terms of interior layout, furniture, clutter and other decoration stuff. It's not a historical in-depth look at interiors but rather a quick guide to help make ones interiors more believable by encouraging people to put some thought into how they decorate etc.
Here

About the "Government system in Middle-earth: Is Gondor a feudal system, would Moria have 'federal' guilds, does Dunland have a capital?", here's a good read:
Is Middle-earth Medieval?
Yeah that's actually how I got the idea, I'm a big fan of him. Check his blog daily (even tho he posts like once a month). Still I think it could be analysed a bit deeper, and more specifically relevant for minecraft builds. But I think it'd be fine to copy parts of his blogs

What Lindo is trying to say is that the themebuild for Docks FFA is right now, and Quanta is currently creating an example plot, this will happen every week so that droogs can look at this and not only get inspiration but learn something. We want to be able to provide a realism guide on some aspect of the themebuild to go along with this. So what Lindo is saying is we want someone else other than him to write up a quick realism guide, won't take long.
some key points:
-Pier height
-Bollards for the ships to be tied to
-Tying ships to these bollards or to the pier
-The way ships are tied (In a cross pattern)
-Cranes (specifically how cranes are powered with people walking on wheels)

If it could have the same format as this Google Doc (still WIP) that would be great. Gardens

I know we have some people out there that seem to care about realism like @Slowlex_ and etc so if one of you guys could help out that would be great.

What Lindo is trying to say is that the themebuild for Docks FFA is right now, and Quanta is currently creating an example plot, this will happen every week so that droogs can look at this and not only get inspiration but learn something. We want to be able to provide a realism guide on some aspect of the themebuild to go along with this. So what Lindo is saying is we want someone else other than him to write up a quick realism guide, won't take long.
I understood it, but I thought it would be logical to link it with harbours, as docs are in harbours (most of). But it can be in two parts.

Yes the structure that we are going to implement is going to have a large network. For example: Cities -> Harbour -> Docks, that type of thing but it could also connect this way Food -> Trade -> Harbour -> Docks, would be the same page but just another way to get there: like wikipedia.

Yea @BWOT I care about realism but there are not many things that i know that we could at to them... the only thing is that we could add a custom block for every pack so we can get a fence with this rope around so it looks nicer