• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

• Did you know you can upload your screenshots to your own Media section?.You can get ratings and comments on the uploaded material!

Cancelled Redstone Torch

Which ones should we use?

• Keep the old ones

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Use these new oens

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Improve these new ones

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters

Fireinferno13

One Of Us, One of Us
Commoner
Credits
XP
Hey there - I know we just rolled out the new 3D torch blocks, but I was bored and came up with these new candle textures that I thought might improve the current quality if combined with some 3Dness. Feedback is very much appreciated, I am currently having some problems getting the crosshairs to line up properly however I thought this might be fixed if a 3D texture is used.

@Eriol_Eandur I would love it if when you have the time you could try 3D models with these? (of course feel free to adjust as you see fit)

PUaAGAM.png

Filename:
redstone_torch_off/on
Resource Pack: Eriador, Gondor
Texture image:
uk3qyuk.png
9SLYXcu.png

Would be easy to Line up the crosshairs. It's just a small change in the block model. But I really like to have 3D modeled candles.

Unfortunately it's not like that you can take 2D textures and quickly make a 3D model for them. I would suggest ot use a model generator like MrCrayfish's Model Creator. I did not use it before and I have already too much stuff on my list atm. But would be cool if you could give it a try. We could really use some more candles with all the new blocks we have now.

Would be easy to Line up the crosshairs. It's just a small change in the block model. But I really like to have 3D modeled candles.

Unfortunately it's not like that you can take 2D textures and quickly make a 3D model for them. I would suggest ot use a model generator like MrCrayfish's Model Creator. I did not use it before and I have already too much stuff on my list atm. But would be cool if you could give it a try. We could really use some more candles with all the new blocks we have now.
I totally agree - I will give it a shot and see what I can do