• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Regarding disrespectful and trolling behaviour towards other communities

q220

Eru Iluvatar
Staff member
Supporter
Credits
XP
While people are entitled to have their opinions, and are freely to express them in a respectful manner, sometimes things turn out ugly.

It has come to our attention that recently a very small amount of individuals who are members of this community, thought it would be either a funny idea to cause a stir in Ardacraft's community. They did this by logging in to their dynmap, and making disrespectful remarks towards both.

In a nutshell, not only was there thrown with dirt regarding on how we do our work, but there were also individuals targeted, and the childish "x is better than y", "x is shit" and more of that infantile crap.

I'll point out we both do our own thing, and we both have our own methods. We identified most of the people who were involved in the incident, and we dealt with it. This isn't a call against having opinions, or expressing them for that matter. But trying to troll a community or people with three to four word sentences that terminate on "is/are shit", can hardly be called a civilized conversation or statement.

Don't forget that both projects have their own goals, and even though you might see it as, or want it to be a competition, it is not. There's no point comparing the projects and criticizing the one and the other. Instead focus on what really matters: building worlds and the community around it.

Thank you for this post, Q. Wholeheartedly agreed, and I've posted a similar thing on our own forums.

I appreciate that many of you here don’t like me or the server I founded. That’s fine, and you’re completely entitled to that opinion. However, direct attacks are both immature and unnecessary. They do not help your server. They’re not ‘funny’ or ‘edgy’. Frankly, they just make the perpetrator look insecure.

We both just want to build Middle-earth in our own ways. Is it really so difficult to ask that we don't attack one another for it?

Last edited:
While people are entitled to have their opinions, and are freely to express them in a respectful manner, sometimes things turn out ugly.

It has come to our attention that recently a very small amount of individuals who are members of this community, thought it would be either a funny idea to cause a stir in Ardacraft's community. They did this by logging in to their dynmap, and making disrespectful remarks towards both.

In a nutshell, not only was there thrown with dirt regarding on how we do our work, but there were also individuals targeted, and the childish "x is better than y", "x is shit" and more of that infantile crap.

I'll point out we both do our own thing, and we both have our own methods. We identified most of the people who were involved in the incident, and we dealt with it. This isn't a call against having opinions, or expressing them for that matter. But trying to troll a community or people with three to four word sentences that terminate on "is/are shit", can hardly be called a civilized conversation or statement.

Don't forget that both projects have their own goals, and even though you might see it as, or want it to be a competition, it is not. There's no point comparing the projects and criticizing the one and the other. Instead focus on what really matters: building worlds and the community around it.
R there any artists banned?

I totally agree, who did it?

Hmm a crossover event would be awesome, but from an MCME PoV Audiobook is a bit meh, we are already listening to the LotR Audiobook every week :p Maybe rather some PVP or Survival, such stuff would also include some more interaction between each other ;) Idk, PvP with maps from both servers would be quite a bunch of work I think, easier may be e.g. 2 survivals, first about 2 weeks survival on AC map and then 2 weeks survival on MCME map... Other ideas?

Hmm a crossover event would be awesome, but from an MCME PoV Audiobook is a bit meh, we are already listening to the LotR Audiobook every week :p Maybe rather some PVP or Survival, such stuff would also include some more interaction between each other ;) Idk, PvP with maps from both servers would be quite a bunch of work I think, easier may be e.g. 2 survivals, first about 2 weeks survival on AC map and then 2 weeks survival on MCME map... Other ideas?
if we do PvP i definitely think the teams should be integated and not necessarily AC Vs. MCME because that would defeat the purpose of having an event together if we just team with out own server. :D

I am relatively new to the server and the forums, and I only recently found out about Ardacraft and that it existed. However, I believe that an event between the two servers would be very hard to coordinate and would be relatively unknown if it only lasted for a day. Therefore, I believe that the best course of action would be a weeklong event between the two servers. What this could be, I do not know. We could just have readings each day on both servers that correspond, or we could have a week long lore hunt. Either way, I believe that an even between the servers would be a wonderful way to make the relations between them better and for members to go across both servers and see the similarities and differences.

I think a week-long event might be a bit too lengthy for most people, but a two-day event could work. Perhaps PvP one evening, and then a tour on both servers the next (i.e. me touring on AC and a Ranger touring on MCME)? I'd be happy to dust off my old Ranger skills :p

I think a week-long event might be a bit too lengthy for most people, but a two-day event could work. Perhaps PvP one evening, and then a tour on both servers the next (i.e. me touring on AC and a Ranger touring on MCME)? I'd be happy to dust off my old Ranger skills :p

I do agree that a week long event may be too long, but I just do not believe a one day event will do much. We also need to remember that this is a mostly isolated group of people, and if this group is so dedicated that they will go out of their way to call Ardacraft or MCME shit, any event, no matter how long, will not sway them.

I want EVERYONE who reads this to read the idea below out loud:

"MCME and Ardacraft are just the stupidest things I have ever heard of. They are just a bunch of geeks and nerds trying to recreate an imaginary world in a video game. I mean, come on! Its 4 o'clock, kids! Go do your homework, its a better use of your time."

That is the outside view of us. And, lets face it, we ARE just a bunch of geeks and nerds, and we are wasting time in a video game, so to waste more time by shitting on other geeks and nerds is stupid.

What if we did build-offs, but like PVP, had integrated teams? So like, you form a team of an even number of players, with half of it from MCME and half from Ardacraft. Could be a monthly thing (though I'm not sure how server hosting and stuff works so don't quote me on that.)

"MCME and Ardacraft are just the stupidest things I have ever heard of. They are just a bunch of geeks and nerds trying to recreate an imaginary world in a video game. I mean, come on! Its 4 o'clock, kids! Go do your homework, its a better use of your time."

That is the outside view of us. And, lets face it, we ARE just a bunch of geeks and nerds, and we are wasting time in a video game, so to waste more time by shitting on other geeks and nerds is stupid.

XD this is perfect, all in all were just the same bunch of people who simply have different plans on how to build the same world. Our petty squabbles and silly arguments between eachother should officially end and it should overall bring the players of both of our community's together, because as potter says perfectly were all just a bunch of geeks who think their geeky server is better :p However this is nothing new of course, for example the bitter rivalry of marvel and DC fans has almost the same exact basis for that of MCME and Ardacraft. And as @Potter_Boy_17 likely knows from experience, the brash and defiant fan bases of Tolkein's mythical world and that of J.K Rowling. So, let us all forget about both MCME and Ardacraft for a moment and just remember who we all are, humans, and let us come together peacefully for the betterment of ourselves, eachother, and the community.

geeks and nerds
image.jpg