• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Under review Regional Warps

Mr_Kekss

Slab Fanatic
Supporter
Commoner
Credits
XP
One thing i love about this server is the many different warp points and guide books we have that allow us to explore this beautiful world. I especially like how we not only have warp points for the major locations, but also for the many regions of Middle Earth. These specific warps always showcase a location that could be typical for its region (often a small village or ruin). The village at /warp Rohan even has a guide book that explains what Rohan is like and mentions its capital Edoras. However i noticed some inconsistency among those warps. Most of them don't have their own guide book and others don't even exist at all.
My suggestion is:
  1. Create Guide books with a small description of the region and a list of its major locations for the following existing warps:
    • /warp Andrast
    • /warp Anfalas
    • /warp Dor en Ernil
    • /warp Eregion
    • /warp Lamedon
    • /warp Lebennin
    • /warp Lothlorien
    • /warp Harithilien
    • /warp Pinnath Gelin
  2. Create new warp points with guide books for the following regions:
  • /warp Anorien: i propose either Andrew's castle or the ruined village north of Dol Caranthan as the location
Anorien.png
  • /warp Belfalas: i suggest this village between Dol Amroth and Minas Aduial
Belfalas.png
  • /warp Lossarnach: I suggest the small village on the lake north west of /warp Erui
Lossarnach.png
  • /warp North Ithilien: i propose the ruined settlement south of Henneth Annun
North Ithilien.png
These were all the locations i could think of at the moment. Feel free to expand this list or suggest other locations for the Warps. Of course there are other regions in Eriador as well but there isn't enough built apart from the main locations. What do you think about this idea? Is it a useful feature for new adventurers or just too much work for nothing?

I recon that there are alot of warps at the moment, but ofcourse it is not that bad to add more. We have to keep the books a bit viewable though.

The guide book part is quite nice. I think it would be a great idea to add guidebooks in some of these areas in the future.

We could also give these regional wraps custom icons on the dynmap in order to elevate them from the rest. No idea how that works but maybe @Eriol_Eandur who has a bit of experience with the plugin could help us figure it out.

I can't find any configuration for individual warp icons. I don't think it's possible with MyWarp plugin.