• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Under review Remove Discord Suggestions

greencaver

Moria Hall Professional
Supporter
Commoner
Credits
XP
Having discord suggestions allows people to make suggestions in a space where it's difficult to have a structured discussion about said suggestions. It also enables people to suggest things on a whim without fully thinking through them. Suggestions shouldn't be split between two platforms, because it's easier to keep track of them if they're all on one platform. If people don't care enough about a suggestion to bring it to the forums, is the suggestion worth suggesting? Many people don't even know that the discord suggestions exist, which prevents the suggestions posted on discord from receiving an accurate representation of the opinions of the entire community.

1703668525056.png

1703669050649.png

1703669071699.png

Last edited:
Sadly it's a fact that most people prefer Discord over forums for all kind of communication. I've been trying for years to convince people to use the forum for more serious discussions at least. But it's hopeless. I gave up on this a long time ago. o_O

This may be somewhat unrelated to the suggestion itself, but looking back at very old threads, it's always amazed me seeing how threads on these forums could get dozens of replies of various lengths in a single day, literal pages worth of content to read through, study, and get a laugh out of. That's just something one just doesn't see anymore, and I do find myself wishing it could make a comeback, even if a lot of those old, lengthy threads were laced with spicy drama.

We can start by removing the discord suggestions, my friends. I can also try to think of some ideas that will get people to communicated on here more. Maybe we could remove the screenshot channel on discord and encourage people to use the screenshots section on the forums.

Instead of encouraging people to use a site by removing features from another site, it would probably be a wiser idea to simply add new features to the site you want people to use. Otherwise, Greencaver, you risk a load of backlash from community members and perhaps even diminishing the community.

Instead of encouraging people to use a site by removing features from another site, it would probably be a wiser idea to simply add new features to the site you want people to use. Otherwise, Greencaver, you risk a load of backlash from community members and perhaps even diminishing the community.
No people would just move to the forums, it's pretty easy.

No idea why you believe so. But I with my 9 years of experience in this community I can assure you that MCME doesn't work like that.
All you would get is drama!

Even in the short time that we have used the suggestions thread in Discord a lot more people are adding suggestions and you can still use the Forum suggestions

Even in the short time that we have used the suggestions thread in Discord a lot more people are adding suggestions and you can still use the Forum suggestions
Yeah but a lot of people don't know about the discord suggestions.

There is a new "feature" with a recent discord update where you don't see all channels by default, you need to check the box when you click on Minecraft Middle Earth at the top left of the discord, this includes all the suggestion channels. Suggestions on discord are commoner+ as far as I am aware (I can't see the rest of the playerbase on the 'online' tab) unlike the forums where everyone can see this post.

1703847311630.png

No idea why you believe so. But I with my 9 years of experience in this community I can assure you that MCME doesn't work like that.
All you would get is drama!
Drama, on MCME? Never have I seen such a thing!

@GingerlyGinger1 yeah tbh it's crazy to me to think how checking the mcme forums used to be about the very first thing id do when i got home from school; now its just the constant stream of chatter from discord throughout the day

I still think it's better to not split the suggestions between two different sites.

Only alternative would be to remove suggestions from the forum, but that's something I don't want to do.

At the least could we have a channel to discuss discord suggestions? Maybe threads in the main suggestion channel attached to each suggestion

Yes, there needs to be some way to have a structured conversation about each discord suggestion. Having a thread for each one is an excellent solution.

I would like for you to dive into the following things:
- Fitt's law
- Hick's law
- Jakob's law
- Miller's law