• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Resignation - Dave

Dav3ck

Worthy of Mordor
Supporter
Commoner
Credits
XP
Let me begin by saying this is not a joke of some sorts, I here by would like to resign my Foreman rank and be set back to Commoner. There are multiple reasons for my decision. The main reasons I wil state below

I came to this conclusion, after having struggled with the idea for a longer period, after an event that happened last night (27-11-2017). Which included me getting this message from king & kisos.

gCJ2U

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet (for if IMG thing doesnt work)

which roughly translates to: Hey Dave, how are [name] & [name] doing? Which names are that of my cousin and my sister. At first I didnt know how to respond to this, whether or not I should act that I dont care, or just ignore it. But after having tought about it for a little while longer, I realised that possible the best thing for me to do at this point is to step back from my staff position in MCME. This is do to the fact that just the idea that if there would be another conflict between MCME and AC that would have the ability to harass my family is really unsaddling for me. Currently my cousin is already going throu alot in life and I dont want to take the risk of her getting harassed by some trolls she doesnt even know over the internet. I know that they probebly ment it as a joke and nothing with it, but just the fact that they somehow required my full name / Fb honestly scares me. Partly because I know they have pulled off fucked up shit like this in the past, and I dont wanne take any risks with it. There for from my point of view its just the best if I were to resign from my foreman rank.

To be complete fair I never cared much about the memes and videos, and I wont deny that some of them made me laugh, I can always personally enjoy a good meme even if it is on me, the video of yesterday had me cracked up at some parts. And I also dont see anything wrong with poking a bit of fun at eachother. But for me this is seriously crossing a line, this is no longer a joke, this is just seriously fucked up. And no its not like I feel threatend in a way that some person comes over and physicly harms my family, im just scared that they wil start harassing them online. At the end of the day this is just a way for me to kill off some free time that I have, its just a game. So dont drag someones real life into it.

Besides this there is also another reason why I would like to resign from Foreman on MCME, over the last month I have been enjoying MC as a hole less and less, I have lost the motivation which I had when I first applied for Foreman. And feel like me holding on to the Foreman Rank would just be a waste.

But before u ladies get worried, I wil not leave MCME. Im stil planning on joining the VC and wil ofcourse remain in the MCME discord. Since the only thing that kept me coming back to MCME over the past month has been the awesome community, and all the fun we had messing around in VC and other discords. And if you ever need me for anything or just want to have a random talk, feel ofcourse free to send me a PM in discord or the forums.

Im sorry to all those I disapoint by resign.

If you have any other questions feel ofcourse free to ask them.

Yours Truelly

Dave

I'm sorry for you you have to make those choises, I think you maked the right dessision

This massage hurt me, but I'm behind your choises.

-(I think I can call me a Friend :)) your Friend Lolpants

Nobody will be disappointed in your decision Dave. What these players are doing is a) fucked up and b) cyber-bullying. Period.

Hopefully some day soon these players can stop jacking off their egos and get a life outside of harassing players to the point that they feel uncomfortable being a part of a community. I hope you feel safe again soon and can return to your rank, I am sure I speak for everyone that you are a valued member of this community and your contributions to the server are quite special.

No disappointment but respect from my side.
First: For protecting your family members. Respect!
Second: For honestly saying: "My interests changed" instead of silently become inactive. Respect!

If your interests ever changes again towards MC you will be very welcome to step up again.

Until then have a lot of fun with all the free time you'll have now :p

u know, I've dissed every member on MCME by now (in a joking sarcastic way u know u guys r so awesome rly even u sometimes Thomas) but 1 rule people should always keep to is don't bring the persons family. Seriously who do they think they are ??? I'm deeply saddened to see this sort of thing being brought up again but i guess stupid arguments like this will just carry on happening. Fair play to u for sticking up for yourself even if those people carry on this s**t. Good luck for the future even if ur not foremen ur a valued person in this community i believe so good luck with all ur free time now :p :)

Hey Dave,
I'm sorry that you got dragged into the shit. I'm sorry that I could not prevent that. And I'm sorry that I have no easy fix for this. That said I appreciate the time and effort you put into MCME and will not forget that. I hope to see you around on the server. And hope you will find your fun and enjoy playing on MCME again.
See you around!

Yes, yes it surely is.
Also from my side: thanks for your work for the server and sorry to hear what happened. Do the AC staff have anything to say about these actions or do they agree that this is how their staff wants to be represented?

I dont know whether or not the full staff team is behind this behaviour, There was a massive Discord party going on in AC when it happened, and King is one of the responsible people, who is AC staff

Truelly, thank you all for the nice messages! it really shows how much of an incredible community this is!
It is. You're one of the many funny people I've met on this server and it hurts to see you step down by some stupid BS. I've had some fun memories with you on the server including that one time you were drunk and the unfortunately funny night of Blamo. Hopefully, in time, you can reapply and help out the server even more then you did.

Wish you the best,
Map :)

Yes, yes it surely is.
Also from my side: thanks for your work for the server and sorry to hear what happened. Do the AC staff have anything to say about these actions or do they agree that this is how their staff wants to be represented?
These actions are shaming AC more than they're provoking MCME i feel but stuff like this really takes it to new lows.

Last edited:
Dave I wish you best of luck mate,

You are a banterous fellow, and I totally respect the decision you are making now. Thanks for all that you contributed during your time active. Hope that issues will be sorted so that no one else has to face or worry about a decision like this.

Thx for ur honesty about the reasons u resign for and thx for all the time u've put into the rank dave!
I hope u feel better about that whole thing soon and can also recover some fascination about MC in ur offtime!! :)

-----
P.S.: I dont want to turn this into a discussion about AC, just wanted to say that it's single ppl causing that problem, not the server as a whole. On theire side most of them dont hate MCME as a whole (and if they say so its more like a bad joke), but aim for certain ppl if anything. This said a mindset like this: "AC is shaming themselves" keeps stuff escalating, so pls adress the problems where they are at.

(Sry ryt for quoting u there, its everywhere, but urs just reminded me of this fact)

Thx for ur honesty about the reasons u resign for and thx for all the time u've put into the rank dave!
I hope u feel better about that whole thing soon and can also recover some fascination about MC in ur offtime!! :)

-----
P.S.: I dont want to turn this into a discussion about AC, just wanted to say that it's single ppl causing that problem, not the server as a whole. On theire side most of them dont hate MCME as a whole (and if they say so its more like a bad joke), but aim for certain ppl if anything. This said a mindset like this: "AC is shaming themselves" keeps stuff escalating, so pls adress the problems where they are at.

(Sry ryt for quoting u there, its everywhere, but urs just reminded me of this fact)
Yeah. I know it is certain individuals doing this in their own and and not the entire AC comunity. But these individuals' actions reflects badly uppon all of AC and that was what I meant, or rather what I tried to get across. Originally I was going to write that "the m3m3team is shaming AC more than they're provoking MCME" but as I was uncertain whether this was in fact the m3m3team's doing or an individual acting independently and since I meant to refer to both this incident and all previous incidents as well I decided to generalise and just write AC even though I know it's only been certain individuals who have been acting out against us.

PS. I've now edited my original comment.

Last edited: