• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Finished Rivendell Reboot

Glowstone is more visible and shows directly what i was talking about, rather than some description of location that could lead to multiple places.

Glowstone is more visible and shows directly what i was talking about, rather than some description of location that could lead to multiple places.
Think of this as a project. Do ppl go around leaving glowstone & signs on any other projects?

Occasionally yes. I put down a bunch of wool with a sign saying what's up. It doesn't happen often though, and if the comment is a little more complicated than: 'this roof doesn't fit with the style' it might be best to use the forums. Anyhow if you prefer people use this thread instead of leaving a sign on location that is perfectly fine and I'm sure we can all keep that in the back of our minds when we're looking at the Rivendell project ingame.

as the signs with notes on where to make amendments were removed so that no-one can see where requires improvement I'll rewrite them here:

-Your furnace is a campfire right now. I'd make a full, oven like one. would generate more heat and give better working.
-The running water trough in the furnace has no outlet so would flood the area.
-The building outside furnace is out of style and too fussy- elven is elegant, flowing and natural not messing and random.
- the tunnel is filled with leaves? this does not happen, maybe a bit of moss (green colour stone you've got) would grow on the side in patches but the excessive amount of leaves looks bad.
-Building at top of cliff is not lore appropriate or in style. The river bit around it is illogical as they would have had to divert the waterfall, potentially flooding the area below.
-Fellowship council building tower, middle roof looks bad and needs work.

as the signs with notes on where to make amendments were removed so that no-one can see where requires improvement I'll rewrite them here:

-Your furnace is a campfire right now. I'd make a full, oven like one. would generate more heat and give better working.
-The building outside furnace is out of style and too fussy- elven is elegant, flowing and natural not messing and random.
- the tunnel is filled with leaves? this does not happen, maybe a bit of moss (green colour stone you've got) would grow on the side in patches but the excessive amount of leaves looks bad.
-Building at top of cliff is not lore appropriate or in style. The river bit around it is illogical as they would have had to divert the waterfall, potentially flooding the area below.
About the white council, I think they only added that to appease to movie goers. It really doesn't need to be there, though.

-will take a look at it
- ^^
- hmm ill think about something maybe even remove it
- i think most of the tunnels are even ok in this case
- the building is now in the middle of the cliff so its hidden didnt get the point of the water (know it needs some improve)
- thought it was like this before aswell, but ill take a look aswell

They are like vines. I did go a bit overkill though. Also don't tell me we have real vines because I know that, and they look hideous.

They are like vines. I did go a bit overkill though. Also don't tell me we have real vines because I know that, and they look hideous.
The new vines Matt made for Gondor looked pretty good. Those in the other texture packs as well yet?

imo the problem is less that they grow on rock than that they grow with no light except the light of candles. Plants need sunlight or high powered modern lighting to grow, candle lanterns are not gonna cut it

Except it isn't realistic, and you see more leaves than stone half the time. And as I said on the sign, leaves grow on trees (or plants), not rock.
well i think most of the leaves are removed so its probably better now, I can understand the realism part, but i think without them the walls are looking a bit plain.

A reminder... Please send suggestions via this thread here. Don't leave random glowstone with signs as a voice for your concerns. Thanks!

You know just mark it inside rivendell, its much easier for us to see which building/things you're talking about if your making those marks (sry @K1sk1BBab35 :p , for the better).
So if u find something which needs improving mark it (thought were not staff yet so we need help :p)

-Lukas

Ok Guys, now, after ages, the houses are done.
The Last thing we're going to do now is the vegetation inside the valley.
So if any Artist is getting bored hes free to help us with that (trees are marked).

Have Fun!

Ok Guys, now, after ages, the houses are done.
The Last thing we're going to do now is the vegetation inside the valley.
So if any Artist is getting bored hes free to help us with that (trees are marked).

Have Fun!
Make sure to look at the examples though! They are marked at the back.:)