• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Rp=resource pack.

NicTheFifth

Developer
Developer
Supporter
Commoner
Credits
XP
Hello there fellow MCME'er, I bet you have missed these amazing posts that are thought provoking, sadly I won't have a huge thought provoking post this time, although I hope it will cause some of you to think differently about certain aspects of MCME. The subject of this post will be about, you guessed it resource packs, yet not just them, but outdated resource packs in specific.

To explain shortly, I would like to bring attention to the recent 'rp merge' we have 'lost' the old gondor rp, well to be more precise, if we have updated certain resource packs we lose the old rp, which I think is a shame. I think that we should have the ability to switch to 'old' resource packs, that way, eventhough they are maybe not used anymore, we can still check out some older builds on mcme that have not gone through the 'rp merge'. Or just to be able to see the older builds, which used a different resource pack.

Also I think it could be interesting to see the changes that the MCME rp's have gone through (I remember the original rp's to be quite a lot different). Either way I hope that you will at least think about this!

p.s. This partly is because I just want to easily see some of my 'old' builds on freebuild and some older themed builds, which are in old gondor now.

Yes, but Lindo, I fear that there is a big chance of it being removed once PotD is integrated in Rohan rp, as that is the plan.

I remembered there's an old rp in the "Fall of Gondolin" adventure pack but I don't know if that would even work anymore since it's for mc 1.4. It's probably in that old format

Once, I finish all the new ones (lol like thats ever going to happen soon) I can see what I can do, as Finrod gave me all official packs and textures from the past before leaving. Pretty sure you can find it in the MCME Github as well!

@BWOT that sounds great, also I think only staff has access to the MCME Github, though I am not 100% sure.

I don't know a lot about the resource section. But I think it's possible to add something like a manual about GitHub to it. Like where people can see how to use the platform.